Iowa Patrol Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderblue

I am currently adding the IHP on my BCD536HP using sentinel. Will be traveling in the west side of the state. In programming with sentinel, I have 5 sites/towers listed using RR. While editing the sites I noticed that the location is 40 miles for all of them. I am inclined that the miles need to be less then that. The reason that I think so is because it will slowed down my scanning speed? I know that the P25 systems in Missouri it makes a difference. I see that Iowa patrol is going to upgrade there system this year, anybody know what they will be using?

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I don't have one But I believe you can program the coverage in other shape than circles.I have a 396XT for my travels and I just measured the coverage and entered that. Where was it mentioned that ISP is upgrading this year?

fenderblue

Iowa towers

Google ISICSB. At the bottom page look at the links that is listed (recent news). Tower renovations being done this year for 2018 system is what I know?????

timkilbride

Database Admin
We don't edit lat/long data because it takes your own personal scanner longer to scan them. The State Patrol, MVE, DNR, DCI, Fire Marshall, and anyone else who uses the system will use whatever tower they can get into for voice communications. The location of the towers and the above agencies district lines makes it impossible to have a perfect circle.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.