Iowa State Patrol Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
The Morse Code that you hear every 10 minutes or so is the FCC mandated identifier that announces the stations license that is operating on that frequency. All Stations are required to identify themselves on frequencies they are licensed to.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Also, running CTCSS(Tone Squelch) will eliminate hearing the morse code. When the repeater ID's, it doesn't send the PL tone.

Tim K.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
I can tell you area 11. must id every 30 seconds at times, it is like they love to listen to it!

If the ID is interrupted by a voice communication, it will repeat at the next silent period and if interrupted again, it will repeat at the next silent period, ...

Mike

timkilbride

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

burner50 said:
I can tell you area 11. must id every 30 seconds at times, it is like they love to listen to it!

They dont hear it... Remember, there are several repeaters on each frequency

Actually, they do hear the morse code ID. Brian is talking about the VHF/UHF AREA 11 mutual aid repeaters in Linn County, not ISP district 11. They did some programming on the repeaters a few months back and now when it ID's, it sends the PL tone along with it. Real annoying.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Radioman96p71 said:
Heh... Do you morse code ID in your sleep too Tim? :p

I hope not ;)

IowaBrian

The ID on Area 11 was really bad last Thursday that is the channel that LEA used when the POTUS was in town. It was a cluster, they couldn't hear each other at first, dispatch couldn't hear them then they could but the units couldn't hear dispatch. Reminded me of a monkey and a football. They have tried to use Area 11 more for all of the county agencies but when someone tries CRPD they don't answer. I know the person on Chan 3 listens to 3 and dispatch has enough to to listen to with the other 4 channels. They need a scanner with a light so they know to listen not that it would help as most traffic doesn't mention CRPD. Sometimes all of this trunking and tech comes back to bite.

timkilbride

Database Admin
The ID on Area 11 was really bad last Thursday that is the channel that LEA used when the POTUS was in town. It was a cluster, they couldn't hear each other at first, dispatch couldn't hear them then they could but the units couldn't hear dispatch. Reminded me of a monkey and a football. They have tried to use Area 11 more for all of the county agencies but when someone tries CRPD they don't answer. I know the person on Chan 3 listens to 3 and dispatch has enough to to listen to with the other 4 channels. They need a scanner with a light so they know to listen not that it would help as most traffic doesn't mention CRPD. Sometimes all of this trunking and tech comes back to bite.

Another thing to remember, Pocahontas County Sheriff input frequency(153.785) cer-chunks the repeater all the time. So just a break of the squelch is going to make the repeater ID, and this might be the reason it IDs all the time. The dispatcher in Pocahontas county is transmitting on 153.785 from about a 100' in the air, the license says 10 Watts, but we all know how accurate that is :)

Tim K.

IowaGuy1603

Area 11 ID's then about 4- 5 seconds later 460.550 ID's

I was listening the other day when a Post 12 ISP car was 10-80 on Hwy 30 in Mechanicsville westbound. County actually crossed 155.686 (LEA) with Area 11. The results were dismal. Area 11 had a lot of "mic clicks" with no voice-just carrier......LEA was clear but most of what the trooper was saying was not coming over on A-11.

They finally caught the guy in Lisbon after the Lisbon and Mt Vernon officer assisted in boxing him in. The patch worked (somewhat) but I didn't understand why they patched since county, Lisbon and Mt Vernon all have LEA in their radios and the Post 12 car was talking on CR LEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.