Iowa state patrol on 436hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trollben79

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I will be traveling around Iowa for a few days soon. Is there way to put in to my 436hp the state patrol frequencies?
I do not have a gps unit, least not yet.
Any ifno would be great. Thank You

Ben

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I will be traveling around Iowa for a few days soon. Is there way to put in to my 436hp the state patrol frequencies?
I do not have a gps unit, least not yet.
Any ifno would be great. Thank You

Ben
when I travel from Chicago to Omaha, I just use the sites that adjoin I-80, the route I take. The way I do this is I create a system for each county I pass through and load the relevant Iowa State Patrol and any county agencies on their system. This may mean for you, you need to create a favorites list or lists. I am not sure as I don't have a 486. The way I create the files is I copy and paste the ISCICS into EXCEL and filter based on the counties I need. You can ID the counties by looking at your rout on an IA state map that shows the counties. I create a system for each county and I load only the talkgroups I want t hear relating to that one county. This could be local law and fire as well as relevant State Patrol talk groups. You can do the same for each county for the non-digital/trunked frequencies you want to hear. I hope this helps you.1648643894039.png

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
A 436 should be able to monitor state patrol talkgroups. The old analog frequencies are not used anymore and if I recall the state dismantled the old LEA repeaters.

Don't forget the regional interoperability talkgroups for the areas you'll be traveling.

Trollben79

Premium Subscriber
when I travel from Chicago to Omaha, I just use the sites that adjoin I-80, the route I take. The way I do this is I create a system for each county I pass through and load the relevant Iowa State Patrol and any county agencies on their system. This may mean for you, you need to create a favorites list or lists. I am not sure as I don't have a 486. The way I create the files is I copy and paste the ISCICS into EXCEL and filter based on the counties I need. You can ID the counties by looking at your rout on an IA state map that shows the counties. I create a system for each county and I load only the talkgroups I want t hear relating to that one county. This could be local law and fire as well as relevant State Patrol talk groups. You can do the same for each county for the non-digital/trunked frequencies you want to hear. I hope this helps you.View attachment 118878
Thank you for posting this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.