Iowa Statewide Interoperability Communication System (ISICS)

mws72

Premium Subscriber
All these comments about hearing radio traffic all over the state. reminds me of 1976 when I came back to Iowa and had a programmable scanner listening to the new Iowa State Patrol repeater system. I could actually hear traffic from next counties to over the whole regions. When there was a tropospheric event I remember hearing state dispatcher in Atlantic (I was in Davenport) telling a trooper He could hear the cars in Kansas City MO (there was some sharing of frequencies and tone access)..

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Ok, this is for someone who keeps messaging me about MedForce on ISICS. I do not have any inside news. I get the it the same way. from the internet or the actual scanner traffic. Stop bothering me about it. Sorry to anybody who is wondering about this message.

MCWKen

Ok, this is for someone who keeps messaging me about MedForce on ISICS. I do not have any inside news. I get the it the same way. from the internet or the actual scanner traffic. Stop bothering me about it. Sorry to anybody who is wondering about this message.
If the party is so insistent, perhaps they should contact MedForce themselves and find out what is going on. They have a web site with contacts at the company. Better off they get first hand knowledge. ;)

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what happened but I am hearing ISICS a lot better today, not perfect but a lot better.

as to the previous message if they actually talk to Medforce the first question they would ask is why do you need to that. The question which I asked why to you need to know that. Everything that is out there is all you need to know. ;)

randyh57

Not sure what happened but I am hearing ISICS a lot better today, not perfect but a lot better.

as to the previous message if they actually talk to Medforce the first question they would ask is why do you need to that. The question which I asked why to you need to know that. Everything that is out there is all you need to know. ;)
Here also as of late in the Decorah area,i live in the valley/River bottom so its a dead zone for cell phones even..I have been hearing Cedar Falls alot likely off of the Waukon Tower I am guessing. Just using a rubber duckie sitting by a window.

IowaGuy1603

Well I have never heard G units on Region 2, that does not mean they do not exist. Let me offer a suggestion. Anytime you hear a G unit, note the radio I.D. as they are another clue to what organization they might belong to.

Let me give you some examples.

ISP 150 has radio I.D. of 11150 - thus all ISP cars will have a radio I.D. of 11xxx
T cars have an I.D. with 12xxx
State Radio dispatchers have radio I.D.'s of 109xx (that includes the dispatchers I have logged from Storm Lake and Des Moines).
There are cars working on an encrypted channel yesterday and today all with 17xxx radio I.D.'s.
For the most part, Radio Service has been using I.D.'s of 600xx. Today, 60027 and 60026 were on TG 4051 for a time.
Worth County uses I.D.'s in the 989xxxx range.

It may be tedious to try and keep track of, but they give an idea as to who is what on the radio.
G units are Federal Probation.

MCWKen

I heard a broadcast at 0850 this morning announcing to "all cars and stations" that all LEA repeaters would be taken out of service on October 31, 2020. Point to Point would not however be effected at this time.

MCWKen

Currently, Mason City/Cerro Gordo are not on the system per se....however they have been using R2 Call21 the last month or so, and now have the capabilities of "patching" ISP and other agencies on ISICS to their trunked system when needed.

bar422

I heard the same broadcast about an hour ago...….the info is on the ISICS website …....it's the very first thing on the page.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Been seeing a TG come up today. No audio due to simulcast reception problems. 4046, considering it is a range of radio tech talkgroups could this be another. Maybe the last digit shows it would be for region 6. Only one RID was recorded 68001 sounded female.

autovon

Ø
4044 and 4048 were active this week with audio tests in the SW part of this state. Probably a good assumption.

timkilbride

Database Admin
thats interesting. i wonder how some counties, like jones or cedar, who are not on the system will communicate with ISP? Mutual aid 155.475?

Several counties have ISICS radio's installed in the console. I see Jones County pop up on the regional talkgroup from time to time. Haven't seen Cedar yet.

Buchanan County had their VHF LAW OPS patched into ISICS Region 6 Call earlier this week for multi-agency call.

Tim

Dockjockey53

I think Fremont Co is coming up as within the last hour they have put up the frequencies and they've been testing the last two weeks. they're still on analog but are testing some areas in the county.

autovon

Ø
Mills County (just north of Fremont Co) was testing earlier this week on 43901. Hopefully the new system will be better for the police/fire in that county. The current VHF setup has issues.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Several counties have ISICS radio's installed in the console. I see Jones County pop up on the regional talkgroup from time to time. Haven't seen Cedar yet.

Buchanan County had their VHF LAW OPS patched into ISICS Region 6 Call earlier this week for multi-agency call.

Tim

I have seen a RID of 8200000 on ISICS Region 6 Call, could be Scott Emergency Comm. Center?

MCWKen

Most of the testing on the 4xxx range of Talk Groups, I have seen have RID's of 60003 up to 60069. (TG 4002 was testing encrypted for 5 days in October). That same range of RID's also tested on Talk Group 31301 in August prior to Hancock county coming on-line. So one can conclude that is Radio Service test RID's.

timkilbride

Database Admin
40XX are radio service talkgroups. Anything from tech chatter to harvard sentences.

60XXX are the RID's of portables and mobiles used by the radio techs and related staff.

Tim