Iowa Statewide Interoperability Communication System (ISICS)

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
As for a SOW yes they have at least one but I don't know the particulars about it. There was a comment in one of the past board meetings last year about having one that could be used if a site goes down or maybe for some special events. I think it will be hard to get data from that unless you see it setup and pull data fairly close to it.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I tried earlier today. But I can't even get DeWitt from my location so I doubt I would hear if is in the Camanche area if that is where I suspect it is located. I can't go mobile till Wednesday at the earliest.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Friday afternoon the NAC on the Westcom LSM was changed back from 4C2 to 4C0.

Today, the 3 channels called out above are back in the normal working channel rotation. The Westcom LSM is now using the 3 new sites and covers the entire metro pretty well. Signal levels into Altoona are significantly higher. With those channels added back, thats 22 phase 2 talk paths available now.

Looks like they are still doing some voice testing on 4 of the Des Moines talkgroups 48883, 48884, 49328 and 49329. With the expanded coverage, will likely see more agencies moving over from the UHF system soon.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I tried earlier today. But I can't even get DeWitt from my location so I doubt I would hear if is in the Camanche area if that is where I suspect it is located. I can't go mobile till Wednesday at the earliest.
What is the CC listed for RFSS 1, Site 100? Belmond is RFSS 2, Site 100.

Tim

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
774.86875 is what it shows off of the Westcom site, it has been there for a few months now. I cannot hear it from my place, but if it is a portable site then it might be buried down somewhere to provide coverage and not very high up.

This showed up on the Westcom LSM roughly around the time the Test Iowa testing station was stood up downtown, not sure if that has anything to do with it but they were using ISICS for communication during the first few months of operation so... maybe?

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Uh I'm fully aware that the Westcom LSM is 800MHz. I am referring to the adjacency table showing the peer 01-100 with a CC of 774.86875.

MCWKen

Hello Folks:

Mason City PD has finally converted to ISICS. However, I am no longer living in the area, and need their talkgroups.

Thanks in advance.

jasonbarrett

Looks like Muscatine/Scott tower got a new NAC code last night or at least very recently. It is now reporting 4C0. Additionally, it has a new neighbor of site 100. I am still a bit new on the SDR so I would have others confirm prior to making changes to the database. RACOM advertised on their Facebook page the equipment for the new Scott site was in a couple weeks ago so most likely these are changes to get that one online.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Muscatine/Scott tower got a new NAC code last night or at least very recently. It is now reporting 4C0. Additionally, it has a new neighbor of site 100. I am still a bit new on the SDR so I would have others confirm prior to making changes to the database. RACOM advertised on their Facebook page the equipment for the new Scott site was in a couple weeks ago so most likely these are changes to get that one online.

I asked about that site earlier last week. I see the 4C0 was there Thursday. I haven't run unitrunker since then because the computer was being stubborn about connecting the two uniden scanners with Proscan again. rebooting it several times since with better results but still can't get the 325P2 connected.

I was wondering if 100 was related to the search for that girl when they looking around Camanche. I still have not been able to get out to check on where it might be. The channels line up with the one reported at Belmont. Anyone can check on that one?

Since the Quad-Cities is getting a new system through RACOM it will be a Harris and not Motorola. So except for the interlinking it will be SARA and not ISICS. But I am sure they will have both systems programmed in the radios.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the attached file. I believe that the IDOT Cedar Rapids TG is mislabelled as the Newhall Garage is responsible for parts of the Cedar Rapids area along with Marion and Coralville.

Attachments

• DistrictMapD6.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

thatoneiowan

Feed Provider
Looking at the attached file. I believe that the IDOT Cedar Rapids TG is mislabelled as the Newhall Garage is responsible for parts of the Cedar Rapids area along with Marion and Coralville.

My recollection is that the Newhall shop technically only has a stretch of Hwy 30 and possibly a bit of Hwy 218 north of Hwy 30. I think they often help out the Cedar Rapids shop because of that. But it's very possible that changed, and the Wayback Machine was of no help either.

While I was typing my reply I did find out if you scroll down to the garage listings on this page and click on it, it shows the responsibility map for each shop. District Contacts - Districts Chances are you already know all of this info but in case you didn't maybe it will help... maybe not........ lol

jasonbarrett

Heard Audobon 5-4 on the Muscatine/Scott tower tonight using TG15906. They referenced being at the hospital in Davenport so they were local on the tower. I don't see Audobon county using ISICS so that might be something to watch for. They called dispatch and another unit ("5-1") and both times had to call repeatedly so doesn't sound like a primary radio for them.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Heard Audobon 5-4 on the Muscatine/Scott tower tonight using TG15906. They referenced being at the hospital in Davenport so they were local on the tower. I don't see Audobon county using ISICS so that might be something to watch for. They called dispatch and another unit ("5-1") and both times had to call repeatedly so doesn't sound like a primary radio for them.

I saw that TG come up on my unitrunker wondered who it might be.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Have a question about some RIDs I have been seeing. according to the information on the Wiki page. DNR units stop at 16599 But I have been seeing RIDs above that and they are accessing DNR TGs and locally I see them on Law 3D & 4D. Could they be DNR State Park personnel at Lake MacBride, Coralville Reservoir or other state park areas?

mws72

Premium Subscriber
My recollection is that the Newhall shop technically only has a stretch of Hwy 30 and possibly a bit of Hwy 218 north of Hwy 30. I think they often help out the Cedar Rapids shop because of that. But it's very possible that changed, and the Wayback Machine was of no help either.

While I was typing my reply I did find out if you scroll down to the garage listings on this page and click on it, it shows the responsibility map for each shop. District Contacts - Districts Chances are you already know all of this info but in case you didn't maybe it will help... maybe not........ lol

Anyone seen anything about a DOT District wide TG for use of district HQ personnel?

MCWKen

Have a question about some RIDs I have been seeing. according to the information on the Wiki page. DNR units stop at 16599 But I have been seeing RIDs above that and they are accessing DNR TGs and locally I see them on Law 3D & 4D. Could they be DNR State Park personnel at Lake MacBride, Coralville Reservoir or other state park areas?

I was wondering that since I have heard them on the DeWitt tower and Sabula. Perhaps they were working on the Mississippi?