Iowa Statewide Interoperability Communication System (ISICS)

jasonbarrett

23503 appears to be Clinton (city) Fire. Tones and addresses seem to match. It is really poor audio though so being patched makes sense. I am listening to them on the Muscatine/Scott tower.

patmcc24

WRTA578
Feed Provider
23503 appears to be Clinton (city) Fire. Tones and addresses seem to match. It is really poor audio though so being patched makes sense. I am listening to them on the Muscatine/Scott tower.
I have a Complete list of TGID's .... 15 in total for the City alone.... as soon as the tagging is verified i will submit them

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Analog to digital patches typically sound like trash. I imagine it is a temporary situation until they get appropriate equipment installed and backhaul connected.

MCWKen

Well gee folks. Most of the time, only Muscatine tower registers at home (14th and Bluff Road). If I am lucky, maybe DeWitt will register one bar if I hold the antenna six feet from the deck. None of the other towers even register, and that includes the trailer. While driving around town, I will get something from the four surrounding towers, and the trailer depending on where I am at. Downtown and South Clinton? Nothing at all.

Last weekend, I set up OP25 on the laptop (nooelec NESDR SMArt), I was able to get DeWitt, but marginally. It was able to decode most of the ISP traffic. The other three towers, not enough signal to even decode the CC.

But in all that, have not noted anything of the Clinton TG's.

patmcc24

WRTA578
Feed Provider
Any idea when or if Clinton County Sheriff will be joining the City on ISICS?
There was no timeline on that from the source I spoke with other than they were awaiting approval on funding... so county and city would be the purchase of more than 700 Dualband Radios.... I was told the Patch would stay in place for an undetermined amount of time as Fulton PD and Fire make the switch to Starcom....

patmcc24

WRTA578
Feed Provider
Well gee folks. Most of the time, only Muscatine tower registers at home (14th and Bluff Road). If I am lucky, maybe DeWitt will register one bar if I hold the antenna six feet from the deck. None of the other towers even register, and that includes the trailer. While driving around town, I will get something from the four surrounding towers, and the trailer depending on where I am at. Downtown and South Clinton? Nothing at all.

Last weekend, I set up OP25 on the laptop (nooelec NESDR SMArt), I was able to get DeWitt, but marginally. It was able to decode most of the ISP traffic. The other three towers, not enough signal to even decode the CC.

But in all that, have not noted anything of the Clinton TG's.
I feel your pain.... I can not get the trailer unless I point 2 Yagis and then its enough to decode and get info but voice traffic is horrid...... I get the Dewitt tower with almost no issues from Savanna but, I am using a Yagi at app. 60' and a Pre-amp mounted at the yagi.... Today the 10th is HORRIBLE but not just ISICS... Racom as well and Starcom.... Thought it was something on my end but after some research the warmer air combined with some upper level Wild Fire smoke and slight Solar activity must be the cause.... I will know for sure after 7pm.... Also I had a friend that lived of Bluff by 1st i believe .... no matter how hard i tried with his setup even an outdoor antenna would not get Dewitt.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I feel your pain.... I can not get the trailer unless I point 2 Yagis and then its enough to decode and get info but voice traffic is horrid...... I get the Dewitt tower with almost no issues from Savanna but, I am using a Yagi at app. 60' and a Pre-amp mounted at the yagi.... Today the 10th is HORRIBLE but not just ISICS... Racom as well and Starcom.... Thought it was something on my end but after some research the warmer air combined with some upper level Wild Fire smoke and slight Solar activity must be the cause.... I will know for sure after 7pm.... Also I had a friend that lived of Bluff by 1st i believe .... no matter how hard i tried with his setup even an outdoor antenna would not get Dewitt.

You don't hear any traffic on the site called Jackson? It's about 4-5 miles west of Sabula on IA-64.

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
Despite their pledge to accept both phase 1 and phase 2 radios, the state clearly set the system up for, and has really only been allowing phase 2 radios.
Not entirely true. They don't want phase 1 radios on the system, but have accepted some with the understanding that they will be migrating to phase 2.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
All the phase 1 traffic in Polk county is legacy Westcom traffic. Any new agencies in the past couple years has been exclusively phase 2. By the end of the year you will see just about everything on phase 2...

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Not entirely true. They don't want phase 1 radios on the system, but have accepted some with the understanding that they will be migrating to phase 2.

Look at the number of sites that only have two or three frequencies allocated for voice traffic... Clearly not intended or designed for phase 1 radios.

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
Look at the number of sites that only have two or three frequencies allocated for voice traffic... Clearly not intended or designed for phase 1 radios.
You are correct. Not intended or designed for phase 1, but they are still on the system.