iowas trunking freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengineer

Excuse me if this has been covered already, if so just point me there a search did not come up with anything.

I have a bcd996t that I am trying to use in Linn county Iowa to pick up our new trunking freqs. I also have a 996xt. After programming them using radio reference database it seems that the 996t does not have the same ability to pickup what the xt does. I had them both hoooked to the same antenna and the xt was picking stuff up like crazy and the 996t was very quite. I read somewhere that I needed to upgrade my 996t, in order for it to work with the new trunking system so I did I am on version 3.02.00. Is there a newer version out there?

While investigating I discovered that the 996T does not have all the freq listed that the XT does.
996T has 5 folders of which 2 have the motorola/P25 on them and the other 3 are conventional
99XT has 10 folders of which 6 are conventtional 2 have are motorola and 1 is the P25 standard and another is the LTR.

and when I try to scan the two folders that are listed as motorola/25, it seems to just skip them. When I tried to turn on the groups it seems to turn them back off.

Can the 996T work fo rwhat I am trying to do?

thanks for your help.

Tazworld

Excuse me if this has been covered already, if so just point me there a search did not come up with anything.

I have a bcd996t that I am trying to use in Linn county Iowa to pick up our new trunking freqs. I also have a 996xt. After programming them using radio reference database it seems that the 996t does not have the same ability to pickup what the xt does. I had them both hoooked to the same antenna and the xt was picking stuff up like crazy and the 996t was very quite. I read somewhere that I needed to upgrade my 996t, in order for it to work with the new trunking system so I did I am on version 3.02.00. Is there a newer version out there?

While investigating I discovered that the 996T does not have all the freq listed that the XT does.
996T has 5 folders of which 2 have the motorola/P25 on them and the other 3 are conventional
99XT has 10 folders of which 6 are conventtional 2 have are motorola and 1 is the P25 standard and another is the LTR.

and when I try to scan the two folders that are listed as motorola/25, it seems to just skip them. When I tried to turn on the groups it seems to turn them back off.

Can the 996T work fo rwhat I am trying to do?

thanks for your help.
Are you using Freescan to program this ? You could export your file from the 996XT an Import that into the 996T maybe that will fix it. I only have a 996XT so im not sure what differences there are between the two scanners. Maybe there is a difference ? But im sure there will be someone here who knows more an can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.