iPhone Ham Radio Repeater Lookups

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertecline

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of an app or a website to lookup ham radio repeaters geared towards the iphone? Something like RR's version they have for commerical radio?

Thanks!

robertecline

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks for the reply, but I am looking for something for repeater frequencies not call signs.

robertecline

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I have the ARRL cd data and that is what I am doing now. It works OK, but it misses the mark on what could be.

I wish we had something like the app for the iPhone called "Emergency Radio" Based on your location it shows you the available scanner feeds.

How cool would it be to fire up an app, have it figure out where I am at and show me repeaters in my area.

I will just have to wait...

Thanks again.

How cool would it be to fire up an app, have it figure out where I am at and show me repeaters in my area.

I am going to ask a friend of mine, he wrote 2 ham radio apps, that are available in the store already. Has I mentioned above, the software I bought will do that, when uploaded to a GPS it will show the repeaters in the area. Since the I-Phone has GPS built in, I would think that it would be possible.

robertecline

Premium Subscriber
I wrote one

After this post I decided if I wanted it I needed to do it myself. I have written two applications, Freq Finder and Local Freq. Both are awaiting Apple approval but you can check out the information at coolhamstuff.com

Freq Finder is a location based repeater directory that will show a list of repeaters based on the user's location. In addition it will allow them to send in update information to keep our list accurate. freqfinder.com

Local Freq is a front end application for the mobile Radio Reference scanner directory. It is a simple app that will determine your location and then open the Radio Reference web site to the correct county.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

robertecline

Premium Subscriber
jayt555, right now we are concentrating on the iPhone. We might expand to it in 2010. If so I will post it here. Thanks.

dloseke

I'm with Jay on this....I have a Storm and would love an app but nothing available in the Blackberry store. Might have to do some more google searching...I'm pretty cheap but would probably pay for something like this even.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Check out the K5EHX repeater mapping: K5EHX Amateur Radio Repeater Mapping

You can punch in your address and it will plot all the repeaters that cover your area on a nice Google map. If you're going on a trip, you can punch in your departure location and your destination and it'll plot all of the repeaters you'll be passing within range of on the way. It's a very nice little database and I use it all the time.

It has a mobile version, but I don't know what it looks like on a Blackberry. I'll have to check it out.

BEVPHI

Ham radio i phone

When I in ham radio I got one real good one "satelite ham radio" but some of the police scanner apps have ham radio as well loke 5-0 Radio

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.