iphone scanner app (opp etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitig37x

Hey cool idea just got the scanner app for my iphone and see a opp feed!! sweet
works real well must be a gta host chime in :)
jeff

unlisted

Heh... how much data does it chew through in an hour, and do they have one for Blackberries?

More curious than anything..

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
BBSCanner is for the blackberry and a suggestion you have unlimited data on the phone as it does chew pretty good especially on some of the busier ones..

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
BB Scanner is an AWESOME application for the BlackBerry I would very highly recommend buying it.

However, don't think that just because there's no talking doesn't mean it isn't using data. BB Scanner is *always* streaming - it's just streaming "empty" audio. So even if it's just sitting there, it is still using up data.

So yes, an unlimited data plan (or deep pockets) is pretty much a requirement. I've been streaming for about 10 minutes and used about 2 megs. This was without hearing a peep. So...you've been warned :)

OntFF221

Premium Subscriber
Personally, I like the Emergency Radio iPhone app better then Scanner911... Both pull from the RR live feed's database; so get access to the same channels.

And yes, does use a fair bit of data; but I have WiFi at home, and at work; so doesn't sting too badly.

OntFF221

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't worry so much about the data on a BB - it gets compressed anyways.

I've got 500 MB for my data plan, now mind you I'm not constantly using my BB to listen to the streams, but I do tune in from time to time with the BBScanner. Which I reluctantly and eventually paid for.

as does on my Bell 8330 but again make sure you have unlimited data plan

Selanda

Ancient Something or Other
On my iPhone I use 5-0 Radio Pro (which jayembee found for me one day) which looks to pull directly from here because the feeds line up exactly. It also offers the option to input your own custom feed addresses which came in handy when I tested my stream running via dyndns with an open port and it came through beautifully. It also gives me the option to mark as favorites so I have quick access to my frequently listened to feeds.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Yeah you guys feel its great but all this does is push the authorities to further go encrypted and this WILL put another nail in the coffin for scanning.
I HOPE they arent just using the feeds that are on here! :< Legalities?
If so IMO we would then be contributing to them encrypting!
The powers that be on RR should look at these apps or have they already?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Prove it.

:roll:
Yeah you guys feel its great but all this does is push the authorities to further go encrypted and this WILL put another nail in the coffin for scanning.
I HOPE they arent just using the feeds that are on here! :< Legalities?
If so IMO we would then be contributing to them encrypting!
The powers that be on RR should look at these apps or have they already?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Saw a newscast last night and they also mentioned it. Including I recall an interview with a cop. Was looking for this vid but so far unable to find it.

gwtc199

A Channel in Windsor had a story about two weeks ago about this and the radar detector app. And it was said that both apps and the actual detectors and scanners were illegal. I felt like reaching through and strangling the reporter for saying scanners were illegal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.