Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
While working onsite, found two TRBO frequencies in use:

461.2375MHz
460.1625MHz

Didn't have a laptop with me with the appropriate decoding hardware to figure out colour codes, timeslots and groups though.

DaveH

Nothing shows in TAFL, maybe it's important enough to be blocked. Usually
new assignments show up as Pending (0) before they come on the air, but
could be exceptions.

Dave

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
I'm not surprised.

OPP are running on 1TAC07 and EMS are on Georgian TAC05. They've mentioned on-site communications. I suspect they're running on 172.290MHz using NXDN.

DaveH

Funny you should mention 172.290. A while back I heard some digital activity on 172.275.
Not the same frequency, close, maybe just a coincidence. It sounded like P25, or maybe
NXDN96. TAFL shows nothing related. I'll put an ear back on it. New and interesting things
can pop up when people search the bands; something unfortunately on the decline.

Dave

SCPD

QRT
Georgian EMS is operating on 172.290MHz in NXDN mode.

On TAFL I see that frequency comes back to Telequip, I wonder if that is just assigned for this event and why they aren't using fleetnet Tac channels. I also see that channel comes back as Thorold fire dept so maybe a channel 2 or fireground channel for them.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
I did see a mobile unit mounted in the Command Centre so I think it's a permanent thing. Keep in mind that BMR had been installing Kenwood systems at provincial jails so it wouldn't surprise me that this was BMR supplied. Supplying a bunch of Kenwood portables is probably cheaper than supplying radios capable of operation on Fleetnet.

Georgian CACC was calling IPM Dispatch on Tac 5 but mainly for administrative reasons.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Keep in mind that BMR had been installing Kenwood systems at provincial jails so it wouldn't surprise me that this was BMR supplied. Supplying a bunch of Kenwood portables is probably cheaper than supplying radios capable of operation on Fleetnet.

Keep your ear on 411.8875. I had the HomePatrol with me on Wednesday near Queen's Park and thought I heard digital. I was wondering if I was catching Toronto South or Hamilton Wentworth from down there. I've since been monitoring the UHF Common with Eric Cottrell's DSD but no hits yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.