IPN Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way these can be "timed out" a little quicker? Boone County is still showing one from June 28th...

Attachments

• Boone-IPN.jpg
    Boone-IPN.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 244

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure they are two separate entities, but there may be a way to do it through the page code.

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
IPN and BCFY/RR are definitely two separate entities. From the beginning, since RadioReference started showing the IPN alerts on the live audio pages (now BCFY), they have been delayed. Some delays are purposeful but the "widget" on the live audio pages has never been perfect and has often had significant delays. As an IPN dispatcher, I can theoretically link my IPN account to my RR account and have no delay in the display of incidents on the live audio pages, but unfortunately, this still doesn't work perfectly. I know that doesn't actually answer your question, but hopefully it gives a little background.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I have no problem with the delay in it showing up. But it shouldn't stay around for a week unless the incident is still ongoing.

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
I have no problem with the delay in it showing up. But it shouldn't stay around for a week unless the incident is still ongoing.

They stay up for a set amount of time, approximately a week or 10 days, before going away from the widget on the live audio pages. There is no consideration of whether the incident is ongoing or not, but just how long it has been since the incident was paged.

Status
Not open for further replies.