IPN & RR Partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrak

Oh ok, don't know why I said last 4 lol must not have been paying much attention to what I was writing.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I affiliated my RR ID with my IPN account, and it says that I should receive real time updates.......didn't happen yesterday when I was on the Norfolk County, MA page listening to a fire in Brookline, MA. Got the pages on my phone OK, but nothing on the website feed of the incidents.

scantopeka

Check out IncidentAlerts.com Free Incident Notification Service as an alternative to IPN. I like it better because you have the ability to include a direct link to the feed in the alert that is dispatched. When you login you can see a map of all the active alerts nationwide with a link to the feed if provided. It's free and there is no dispatch quota. I use both IPN and incidentalerts.com

Out of curiosity, where can one do this? I did a quick search but didn't find where to associate the two services.

QUOTE=Citywide173;1261853]I affiliated my RR ID with my IPN account, and it says that I should receive real time updates.......didn't happen yesterday when I was on the Norfolk County, MA page listening to a fire in Brookline, MA. Got the pages on my phone OK, but nothing on the website feed of the incidents.[/QUOTE]

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Out of curiosity, where can one do this? I did a quick search but didn't find where to associate the two services.

QUOTE=Citywide173;1261853]I affiliated my RR ID with my IPN account, and it says that I should receive real time updates.......didn't happen yesterday when I was on the Norfolk County, MA page listening to a fire in Brookline, MA. Got the pages on my phone OK, but nothing on the website feed of the incidents.
[/QUOTE]

It's done from the IPN site. When you log into the member area and your configuration is displayed, there's a new box to add your RR ID

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Check out IncidentAlerts.com Free Incident Notification Service as an alternative to IPN. I like it better because you have the ability to include a direct link to the feed in the alert that is dispatched. When you login you can see a map of all the active alerts nationwide with a link to the feed if provided. It's free and there is no dispatch quota. I use both IPN and incidentalerts.com

I checked out Incident Alerts the other night, and it's a good concept. So good in fact, that I've inquired about licensing the software for use on Firepics.net. As far as the current setup, I understand that it's new, but I see them having some problems attracting dispatchers, as there are no incentives, and without dispatchers, that leaves a lot of uncovered territory which means that people are going to become aggravated when they don't receive any pages for their area.

Got it. Thank you for the help.

It's done from the IPN site. When you log into the member area and your configuration is displayed, there's a new box to add your RR ID[/QUOTE]

scantopeka

I checked out Incident Alerts the other night, and it's a good concept. So good in fact, that I've inquired about licensing the software for use on Firepics.net. As far as the current setup, I understand that it's new, but I see them having some problems attracting dispatchers, as there are no incentives, and without dispatchers, that leaves a lot of uncovered territory which means that people are going to become aggravated when they don't receive any pages for their area.

That is actually one of the things I kind of like about it. It really is more of a hobbyist or enthusiast site versus a commercial site targeted at making money. At least it is for now.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Again, perfect, just what I was looking for. All setup now. Thanks.

It's done from the IPN site. When you log into the member area and your configuration is displayed, there's a new box to add your RR ID[/QUOTE]

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Just a heads up to anyone thinking of paging incidents on IPN they are very picky and will harass you via email if your page is not 100% up to their standards or if they think there is missing/wrong info. It's the main reason a lot of people have left them.

jobes

Feed Provider
Well I'd call that good creditable info. That's why I pay for the service. I wouldn't want some moron sending out a bunch of BS.

Just a heads up to anyone thinking of paging incidents on IPN they are very picky and will harass you via email if your page is not 100% up to their standards or if they think there is missing/wrong info. It's the main reason a lot of people have left them.

Status
Not open for further replies.