IRC...or???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumnjim

I was thinking it would be good to have some sort of IRC chat group or something along those lines. It would give us a way we could chat in real time about hot scanner traffic and equipment in general. If anyone is interested let me know and we will figure it out.

FreqOfNature

Drumnjim said:
I was thinking it would be good to have some sort of IRC chat group or something along those lines. It would give us a way we could chat in real time about hot scanner traffic and equipment in general. If anyone is interested let me know and we will figure it out.

Have you checked out the many 'TeamSpeak' radio scanner servers? You can not only chat but listen to radio traffic in real-time. See the following RR thread for a little more information.

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93722

Tracy
www.freqofnature.com

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Problem with TS (teamspeak) is most of us who slave away in Cubicleland are blocked by a corporate firewall and can't access it. Would be great if we could, but the corporate IT guys want all the bandwidth to be used for WORKING. How boring. What a bunch of whiners, those IT guys are... :D

-AZ

FreqOfNature

AZScanner said:
Problem with TS (teamspeak) is most of us who slave away in Cubicleland are blocked by a corporate firewall and can't access it. Would be great if we could, but the corporate IT guys want all the bandwidth to be used for WORKING. How boring. What a bunch of whiners, those IT guys are... :D

-AZ

Being one of those whiner IT guys I can tell you it's actually the folks who sign our paychecks, not the IT guys who tells us to block such things. Funny how management expects us to actually spend our time working instead of playing .. go figure.

Looking forward to the new NBC Sitcom 'The IT Crowd' this fall :)

http://www.nbc.com/Fall_Preview/The_IT_Crowd/

Tracy
www.freqofnature.com

Status
Not open for further replies.