Iredell Co NC Sheriff off the air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IredellMon

Hoping someone knows why I suddenly do not pick up the Iredell County Sheriffs Dept on the digital trunk OR simulcast VHF freq (453.650). Did they change something in the last 24 hours? Is it a major radio system failure? Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Looks like they did an upgrade,have you updated your scanner database then re-added the system.
I had a 996XT that used to "crap out" like that once and awhile,the solution was to re-add the system.
If you have a BCD-436HP or 536HP I would click in sentinel Force rewrite full database then remove then re-add the system.
Tell us what scanner and what system exactly,but if you look on the NC map,that county has a new site or something added.(VIPER)

You could always set it to control channel only and see if you get traffic.....

Last edited:

IredellMon

Looks like they did an upgrade,have you updated your scanner database then re-added the system.
I had a 996XT that used to "crap out" like that once and awhile,the solution was to re-add the system.
If you have a BCD-436HP or 536HP I would click in sentinel Force rewrite full database then remove then re-add the system.
Tell us what scanner and what system exactly,but if you look on the NC map,that county has a new site or something added.(VIPER)

You could always set it to control channel only and see if you get traffic.....

Charlotte UASI Region
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6561

Scanner is RS Pro-197 in Southern Iredell County just outside Mooresville.

I will reload the (Charlotte UASI Region) DB tomorrow (if still needed) but what is throwing me, and is the reason I asked, is:

1. The VHF simulcast has been silent for just about the same amount of time. I did however hear dispatch call a unit twice on the VHF channel, but nothing more today. The rest of today it has been silent except for a few squelch tails. And now (8 pm) I am hearing some carrier on the VHF channel. I really do suspect a crash occurred.

2. There is nothing in the (Charlotte UASI Region) DB changelog to indicate a change.

Update: 2030 hours EDT. I just was told that ICSO has switched to Viper, TGs 25009 and 25010. Don't know about the VHF simulcast yet. On the air, it sounds like they might be working on restoring it.

Update #2: 2055 hours. Sure enough.. there they are back on Viper. I have been told the VHF simulcast is no more :(

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I'd load VIPER and the UASI system just to be sure and make sure you wipe it out and then re-add.
Did you test the scanner to see how many weather channels you receive ? (I get about 3-4 )
This tells you if the receive is ok.(my little test anyway)

drayd48

Ok. ICSO has moved full time VIPER as of a couple days ago without a simulcast to their UHF channel. The talkgroup they are using for dispatch is the same one the UHF used to simulcast to (25009) and their main tac channel being used on 25010. I have heard them use encryption on the Ops and Investigative channels in the past couple of weeks, so encryption is somewhat used. About UASI, the county has nothing to do with the use of UASI. UASI is primary for Mooresville Fire, PD, and City Services. The Mooresville fire chief has allowed Shepherds, Troutman, Lake Norman, South Iredell, and Mount Mourne to also use UASI, but the county has nothing to do with it. The Mooresville UASI system may in the near future get a VIPER patch placed back on the ICSO channel (like the UHF patch was before, and how ICEMS is patched to UASI, since they are also full VIPER with no simulcast to VHF). Iredell county has their heart set on VIPER and I was told ICSO was supposed to switch to full VIPER at the end of March, 2017, but I guess they had to delay it. All other ICFD have been rumored by multiple people to switch over to VIPER at the end of August, but I don't see that happening.

So Iredell county is going full digital very soon and yes, ICSO has moved full time VIPER use without a patch to UHF

IredellMon

Ok. ICSO has moved full time VIPER as...

So Iredell county is going full digital very soon and yes, ICSO has moved full time VIPER use without a patch to UHF

Thanks for confirmation.

Know anyone who wants to buy a conventional scanner? How about two of them? How about three of them? LOL Looks like I'll be on eBay!

Status
Not open for further replies.