Iredell Co. Paging Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for the following:

All Iredell Co. pager tones.

This includes all pager and siren activation tones.

Also all the Statesville & Mooresville Tones as well.

Also all Iredell Co. EMS Tones as well.

Please advise

Thanks

David

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Mooresville Fire no longer uses pagers. They have DTMF tones for the alarms at each station.

For now, Mooresville Rescue still has pagers. I just don't have the capability to decode them. :(

I'm not 100 % on Statesville. I believe all of their traffic is over the EF Johnson P25 system.

WA4MJF

So Mooresville Fire folks have to listen to the alert channel and
hear the calls. What a pain! Why no pagers?

Ronnie

trumpetman

Database Admin
Mooresville is not volunteer. The DTMF is for station alerting. If they are awake they are always listening to dispatch. If they're in quarters and sleeping then the DTMF will alert them and trigger alarms and lights at the station.

WA4MJF

Raleigh not volunteer, but have pagers for when they aren't at station, training, grocery store, sit down meal, etc. Once in a while you hear a delayed response from RFD, usually, pager did not go off in grocery store. I guess Mooresville must just dedicate someone to radio duty like fire departments did way back when.

Ronnie

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; NOKIA; Lumia 710))

Thanks Trumpetman for chiming in with the response. MFD is indeed a paid department with station alerting via DTMF. They did away with pagers about the time they took down the patch between VHF and the 800 TRS.

fcfd988

Feed Provider
Does Mooresville use DTMF on their old VHF frequency? If so, do they simulcast the dispatch audio across both the VHF and 800? Surely they are not transmitting DTMF across their digital talkgroup........

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
For now, their primary 800 dispatch talkgroup is analog. There is no VHF in use. I'm not sure what their plan is when things go full P25 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.