yardbird

Premium Subscriber
If my memory is correct.

Iredell County uses Motorola A Series Quick Call II Tones

Union County uses them as well.

David

D1029659

Iredell-Statesville Frequencies

Does anyone know of any frequencies that are used that are not listed on the database.
(Also, does anyone know Iredell-Statesville schools frequencies, they don't use the 155.100 anymore)

drayd48

Does anyone know of any frequencies that are used that are not listed on the database.
(Also, does anyone know Iredell-Statesville schools frequencies, they don't use the 155.100 anymore)

Well of course there are frequencies that are used that are not in the database. I don't know why ISS does not use that frequency but I know that SIHS uses UHF channels. Some schools have their own license.

D1029659

Turns out that their license to be able to use that channel expired in 2013, but last month I could still hear them

drayd48

Turns out that their license to be able to use that channel expired in 2013, but last month I could still hear them

Yea. Lots of places are running on old licenses. I have not seen a license for Statesville Fire for their VHF channel however they still use it for DTMF dispatching. There are a few other frequencies that are not in the database that I know that have no license. Question for you, what do they talk about on the ISS channel and where do you hear it?

D1029659

What frequency does Union grove fire department, Centeral fire department, and Harmony fire department use?

drayd48

What frequency does Union grove fire department, Centeral fire department, and Harmony fire department use?

The county fire channels. Departments Troutman and south use Mooresville UASI. The north end use all VHF.

D1029659

Since I don't know how to start a new thread, I keep putting everything on here, but anyway, I'm looking for a new or used scanner since I can only afford a Baofeng UV5R-B because I'm 15 so I was going to ask if anyone knows where I can get one cheap in Iredell county or surrounding counties.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Since I don't know how to start a new thread, I keep putting everything on here, but anyway, I'm looking for a new or used scanner since I can only afford a Baofeng UV5R-B because I'm 15 so I was going to ask if anyone knows where I can get one cheap in Iredell county or surrounding counties.

Craigslist, Ebay, Classifieds here at RR.com?

Just remember all buy/sell here at RR.com has to be conducted in the Classified forums.

Marshall KE4ZNR

drayd48

What are you trying to scan? Trunking of just VHF/UHF conventional? I could get you possibly hooked up and get you some classified frequencies and talkgroups (if trunked). I see you are up in harmony and the FD runs on primary VHF and so do most of the counties around you

drayd48

Oh, and if you want to listen to EMS, they are on VIPER and you need a trunktracking scanner for that and the Sheriff uses a mix mode of VIPER and UHF with a patch. They are planning to (should have a month ago) to go to full VIPER use from what I was told. Davie county runs on mix VIPER and VHF for their stuff and Rowan county uses all trunked systems for their operations.

KM4WLV

Davie county runs on mix VIPER and VHF for their stuff and Rowan county uses all trunked systems for their operations.

Just wanted to expand on what drayd48 mentioned about Rowan. All public safety agencies, and local government entities which include Rowan County and the City of Salisbury use the Rowan-Salisbury P25 system for communications. We also maintain VHF equipment for paging of the county/rural fire departments, Rowan County EMS, and Rowan County Rescue Squad.

Last edited:

D1029659

I've noticed how lots of VHF and VHF-Lo band frequencies aren't being used anymore. VHF being used for the fire tac channels (in the northern part of the county) is most likely now is using NC VIPER for the fire ops (under Iredell county using TAC 2, TAC 3, etc.) and the NCDOT is either using Nextel phones or on NC VIPER and NCSHP channels being very quiet, I suspect that they are in VIPER completely. I was at a barn fire in the area within walking distance and I tried tuning around the operations frequencies, but heard nothing, so I suspect that they aren't used anymore.

D1029659

Nextel got bought out by Sprint, so correction, they are most likely using Sprint-provided phones, or their own phones. They are most likely using phones now, as most of their vehicles still have the whip antennas that are tuned to VHF-Lo band, but aren't using them much or have no reason to use them until winter comes around and their having to clear out snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.