Iron River, MI - Road commission looking to upgrade radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
The way I read it is ICRC just wants to use the MPSCS towers much like Oakland County originally wanted to use MPSCS towers to mount Open-Sky equipment. To me the article doesn't imply they want to join MPSCS. I suppose joining MPSCS may be an option they are considering but last thing I had read was MPSCS is out of radio id's.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I think either system is overkill and a total waste of money for something like the road commission. A simple, conventional analog system would suffice. Or maybe something as simple and inexpensive as Nextel.

I surprised we haven't equipped school crossing guards with $3,000.00 Motorola's!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I think either system is overkill and a total waste of money for something like the road commission. A simple, conventional analog system would suffice. Or maybe something as simple and inexpensive as Nextel.

What do you mean by "either system"? I don't see that they proposed any specific system to replace the current stuff.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
What do you mean by "either system"? I don't see that they proposed any specific system to replace the current stuff.

I was discussing the possibility of MPSCS. gpp10x suggested the possibility of Open-Sky...thus either system. Fairly easy to understand.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
I was discussing the possibility of MPSCS. gpp10x suggested the possibility of Open-Sky...thus either system. Fairly easy to understand.

You misunderstood what I was saying. I didn't suggest they were considering O/S. When Oakland County started building O/S they were interested in using the state towers to mount hardware instead of building new towers in certain areas. Like rdale said, they don't mention any type of a specific replacement system.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I was discussing the possibility of MPSCS.

The article says they are talking about using MPSCS towers to put up their equipment. They wouldn't put equipment on the state's towers if they were using MPSCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.