Irving is going P25 simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK

I am now receiving Irving P25 Phase II. Ready for another round of earthquakes! The city of Irving is making emergency preparations.

I cannot find the P25 entry for Irving in the Whistler/GRE database. Having spent quite a lot of time trying to locate it, I realized the only workaround is to enter the system into EZ Scan. I programmed the data into the application and uploaded it to the PSR-800.

If you know the navigation path in the Whistler/GRE database, please post it. I have given up trying to find it. This experience illustrates that it is easier to use a radio whose PC software already contains the database and then edit desired systems, rather than use a scanner and send the data for selected systems to an application running on a computer.

One question remains: does the subset of talkgroups in the RR database represent the only known talkgroups after the migration to a Phase II system, or have all the other talkgroups been deleted/moved elsewhere?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
One question remains: does the subset of talkgroups in the RR database represent the only known talkgroups after the migration to a Phase II system, or have all the other talkgroups been deleted/moved elsewhere?

There are more talkgroups than what have been entered in the database, including what sounds like parks dept & public works usage. I have the system set up as "ID Search" on my 536HP, but since I am at the edge of reception at home, I may be missing some others. Not enough consistent usage to identify & submit, but then Irving is set up as a part of my much larger DFW Metro area favorites list.

I have not set up a list to only run Irving for an extended period, with record activated, then play them back to determine who's who. Just don't have the time right now.

Swipesy

I am now receiving Irving P25 Phase II. Ready for another round of earthquakes! The city of Irving is making emergency preparations.

I cannot find the P25 entry for Irving in the Whistler/GRE database. Having spent quite a lot of time trying to locate it, I realized the only workaround is to enter the system into EZ Scan. I programmed the data into the application and uploaded it to the PSR-800.

If you know the navigation path in the Whistler/GRE database, please post it. I have given up trying to find it. This experience illustrates that it is easier to use a radio whose PC software already contains the database and then edit desired systems, rather than use a scanner and send the data for selected systems to an application running on a computer.

Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

• Irving 1.jpg
    Irving 1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 159
  • Irving 2.jpg
    Irving 2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 159

MK

I was actually interested in the navigation path when using the scanner itself and choosing the Library menu item. I cannot find the Irving P25 system within the radio; I can only find the old EDACS object and Irving Simulcast (in Johnson county, and it did not work),

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You have to navigate to the FTWRSS system. Irving channels are within it.

MK

I vaguely recall having found FTWRSS several times but I could not locate Irving within it. That's why I asked if anyone knows the path to the system.

From the Main Menu:

1) Browse Library
2) Country: United States
3) First letter: T
4) Select State: Texas
5) Texas data types: Counties/Cities
6) Select County, First letter: T
7) Select County: Tarrant

Beyond that I am lost. I have tried a variety of subtrees and never located Irving within any of them. It is very difficult to find Irving using cursor keys and the scanner display. You have to descend a tree, then back out of it when you discover the end of another incorrect path.

Swipesy

After your # 7 Select FW Regional. Then when you select Sites and it has a check mark next to sites push the right arrow on the radio and you will see Irving. Do the same for Types. You need to push right arrorw when you put check mark next to the category.

MK

That path is incorrect. There is no such thing after #7.

I found Irving in Johnson County. I would be very difficult to find it again.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
That path is incorrect. There is no such thing after #7.

I found Irving in Johnson County. I would be very difficult to find it again.

After #7 select "Systems", then "Next" then "Fort Worth Regional Radio System". Then select "Sites" and you'll see Irving.

MK

Thanks everyone for your help. I am now officially abandoning this project, as it has become far too time consuming.

Ending Notes:

Despite everyone's kind assistance, I never located the system with the information in the posts above. I have two working scan lists for Irving. One of them I programmed into EZ Scan and then uploaded to the PSR-800. The other scan list was developed after numerous attempts at trying to locate the system within the Library. I found it somehow an hour ago, and I doubt that I could repeat those steps.

To future readers: if you want to receive the Irving system, just program it yourself in EZ Scan and upload it to the radio.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The only think I can think of is that perhaps you don't have a current database.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone for your help. I am now officially abandoning this project, as it has become far too time consuming.

Ending Notes:

Despite everyone's kind assistance, I never located the system with the information in the posts above. I have two working scan lists for Irving. One of them I programmed into EZ Scan and then uploaded to the PSR-800. The other scan list was developed after numerous attempts at trying to locate the system within the Library. I found it somehow an hour ago, and I doubt that I could repeat those steps.

To future readers: if you want to receive the Irving system, just program it yourself in EZ Scan and upload it to the radio.
I think what may be throwing you off is your listed Step 7

For Irving, you'd use a "D" for Dallas County, not T for Tarrant. (Just a guess, since I don't have one of the GRE/Whistler scanners that use E-Z Scan.)

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I think what may be throwing you off is your listed Step 7

For Irving, you'd use a "D" for Dallas County, not T for Tarrant. (Just a guess, since I don't have one of the GRE/Whistler scanners that use E-Z Scan.)

No, Tarrant County works just fine. I had no issues finding it that way.

jamesmccarty

This is a late response, but I was able to find Irving entries via the following on my Whistler WS1080:

1) Browse Library
2) Country: United States
3) First letter: T
4) Select State: Texas
5) Texas data types: Counties/Cities
6) Select County, First letter: T
7) Select County: Tarrant
8) Select Systems
9) Select Fort Worth Regional Radio System (note: Go up instead of down to find it quicker)
10) Select Categories
11) Select Irving

Status
Not open for further replies.