Is 162.150 Still In Use Anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I recall some time back when 162.150 was in use in the Twin Cities metro area. Does anybody know if it is still in use anywhere in the United States?

ecps92

Only two I know of

USFS A/G in Oregon
DOJ Wide Area net in NY/NJ as an input

I recall some time back when 162.150 was in use in the Twin Cities metro area. Does anybody know if it is still in use anywhere in the United States?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I logged activity on that frequency in the Twin Cities back during the 2008 RNC Convention in St. Paul. The traffic sounded like the National Weather Service.

- Chris

JASII

Memory Capacity
For what it's worth, I logged activity on that frequency in the Twin Cities back during the 2008 RNC Convention in St. Paul. The traffic sounded like the National Weather Service.

- Chris

Precisely, Chris. I sort of wondered if it was used in a similar fashion in other parts of the United States, but obviously not. Thank you so much for the replies!

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
In some areas, these NWS frequencies are allocated for use, and may even exist in radios, but don't get used routinely. That makes them hard to catch some times.

I know a frequency used by the National Hurricane Center in Miami, similar to this VHF channel, was only heard once or twice a year for testing.

- Chris

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
NWS has at least one TG on our statewide system I log sometimes, but never hear anything more than a keyup.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
162.150 MHz
Coast Channel
The Netherlands Marina Channel
Public Correspondence (Ship-to-Shore full-duplex)

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
I reviewed some of my uniden recorded audio on that freq from florida and it only seems to be intermod mixed audio with a weather channel (162.4-162.550)

Paysonscanner

Only two I know of

USFS A/G in Oregon

The 2019 National Interagency Aviation Frequency Guide does not show this frequency being used for air to ground in any location. Do you have a 2020 source that lists it? If so you can PM me.

Paysonscanner

Only two I know of

USFS A/G in Oregon

As I looked back on the Oregon/Washington freq info I have I'm thinking this freq may have been assigned for a single incident use only. I went back as far as 2017 and did not see it on lists of multi-year freq assignments for the aviation zones in those states. Single incident assignments may never be used again. Then again, they can be as long as the agency it is assigned to doesn't use it for whatever.

ecps92

Long ago on an IAP/205 - my notes don't list a specific Incident on this one, generally I will note that.

The 2019 National Interagency Aviation Frequency Guide does not show this frequency being used for air to ground in any location. Do you have a 2020 source that lists it? If so you can PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.