Is $85 for a Pro-94 a good price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadbyoung

There is a pawnshop in the town where I live and they are asking $85 for a used Pro-94. The scanner comes with a power adapter and the original manual. Would I be paying too much?

Thanks
Chad

KR4BD

The Pro-94 is a good radio, but somewhat outdated by today's standards. Some good points: It does have 1000 channels and has a very sensitive receiver, especially for the 800 mHz band.

I think $85 is a bit too much to pay.

I have two Pro-94's. I bought my second one last year at the Dayton Hamvention directly from Radio Shack (new in box - with warranty) for a closeout price of only $69.

eyes00only

I would have to say that my 95 receives MUCH better tham my 94.
The 94 is MUCH easier to use, and you can go to talkgroup while scanning.
With the 95 you have to wait until the talkgroup comes up, then hold it.

Gilligan

Database Admin
no alpha tagging. I hated my pro94 when I had it and wouldn't give 40 for one now. also no pl/dpl tone decode and the channels are split 500/500.

Last edited:

Statevillian

If you are consider it for trunking, forget about it. After rebanding you will have a 1000 channel conventional scanner. Not worth it in my mind. Plus, like someone else said...no alpha tags, not as sensitive as Pro95, etc.. Don't get robbed.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Most have no PC port, amy software will likely be garbage anyway. No CTCSS/DCS, no alphatags, just so many reasons to stay away. I bought one in 2001 and only use it once a year to test to see if it still works. Then it goes back on the shelf.

It would have been great in 1998, but not in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.