is a uniden 235xlt right for the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonr231

Premium Subscriber
wondering if the 235xlt trunktraker the right scanner to use in tulsa ok , im new to all this and wont to be able to get the most out of listening to the whole of the city. so if someone wouild let me know what they think. do want to say that enen though im new to this when i put my mind to somthing i give it 150% ,and this is somthing that im determind to learn more about and to grow on my ability to understand scanners more.

captclint

Mentor
wondering if the 235xlt trunktraker the right scanner to use in tulsa ok , im new to all this and wont to be able to get the most out of listening to the whole of the city. so if someone wouild let me know what they think
Welcome to RR. The short answer is no. Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) is partially digital. However, there are many agencies that are analog(see the"A" in the mode column), but the 235xL can not handle rebanded.. Newer analog scanners would be less expensive than digital, You are talking about $400-600 for digital, so let us know if you want further advice.

Last edited:

N8IAA

wondering if the 235xlt trunktraker the right scanner to use in tulsa ok , im new to all this and wont to be able to get the most out of listening to the whole of the city. so if someone wouild let me know what they think. do want to say that enen though im new to this when i put my mind to somthing i give it 150% ,and this is somthing that im determind to learn more about and to grow on my ability to understand scanners more.

CaptClint pointed you in the right direction, with the exception, that you can go to the RR For Sale forum and view handheld and base/mobile scanners that would fit your needs. To get the most out of your scanning enjoyment, get a scanner that does P-25.
There are several there to pick from.
Ask questions in the OK state forum to get more info from those in your state:)
Welcome to RR.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.