Is a used BC245XLT Worth Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

RastaToo

Premium Subscriber
Thinking of buying a RS iScan. Woudl my old BC245XLT be worth anything and, if so, about how much? It seems like I have had this for around 10 years so I'm not sure if it still has any value.

911scanner

It has value for analog listening areas or channels. People that may find these scanners of value might be-

-Rural areas that do not have some sort of digital based system
-People that have FD/EMS operations patched to analog
-People that listen to Air channels (planes or operations at most airports)
-People that listen to rail channels
-People that listen to other types of radio systems not on digital (local businesses, buses, etc.)

So there can be many uses for an older analog scanner, just not usually in a larger suburban area for listening to Public Safety.

MM

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Put it on eBay, I recently sold a BC895XLT that I thought had no value, started the bidding at $25 and it sold for $60.99, so you never know.

scannersnstuff

instead of encouraging him/her to put it on e-bay. how about purchasing a premium subscription to the website that help's us all out. this one. this will enable you to place for sale ad's, and help lindsay defray
operating cost's. shameless plug for this website.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
What kind of answer is that? This thread was about the value of an older hand held scanner and Citywide gave him some great advice about putting it on Ebay. RastaToo should also have no problems posting the scanner on the RR forsale forum with his curent membership should he choose to go that route.

Your answer was out of line and I hope a moderator takes note of this and puts you on moderation. Just because one is not a paying member does not mean they can't offer advice on this board.

instead of encouraging him/her to put it on e-bay. how about purchasing a premium subscription to the website that help's us all out. this one. this will enable you to place for sale ad's, and help lindsay defray
operating cost's. shameless plug for this website.

crevatis

You could see if you can use it to provide and audio feed to this site. That would get you the value of a paid membership here for free.

scannersnstuff

What kind of answer is that? This thread was about the value of an older hand held scanner and Citywide gave him some great advice about putting it on Ebay. RastaToo should also have no problems posting the scanner on the RR forsale forum with his curent membership should he choose to go that route.

Your answer was out of line and I hope a moderator takes note of this and puts you on moderation. Just because one is not a paying member does not mean they can't offer advice on this board.

i think you took my post out of context. there was absolutely no malice intended in my answer.
i simply plugged giving the business to this website in the form of a subscription.
i did not condemn any advice that was given. while you do not need to be a subscriber to give/take
advice here, you do need to be one to advertise item's for sale. i suggest you re-read my post.
i even included the green faced smiley. in summary,once again.no malice intended or implied.

also,i apologize to citywide173 if he took my comment out of context. thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You could also use it as a dedicated receiver for apps like ACARS or (with the installation of a discriminator tap - and there are people to do that...) UniTrunker. Or if you are into maritime or railroads, that same tap will also work with those apps.

Lots of possibilities here, including the ones mentioned earlier 73 Mike

RastaToo

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I have determined that I will leave it at my lake home which is in a fairly rural area of SW Missouri and all surrounding agencies are basic analog. This way I don't risk forgetting to move my new RS Pro-107 back and forth.

Thansk again for all the suggestions.

nova1010

Thinking of buying a RS iScan. Woudl my old BC245XLT be worth anything and, if so, about how much? It seems like I have had this for around 10 years so I'm not sure if it still has any value.

You should be able to get at least $80 for it,its still a good little radio that does edacs and Im sure theres alot of people that could still use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.