Is Anybody Here Using A Unication G4/5 For Federal Monitoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
As posted above, I am just wondering if anybody here is using a Unication G4/5 for federal monitoring. I have a Unication G5, but have never tried doing federal monitoring with it because it wouldn't mute/ignore encrypted traffic. However, as of last week, the Unication firmware update DOES mute/ignore encrypted traffic. Granted, it will still only monitor a total of 16 channels, but I am glad that they made that update.

Granted, it will still only monitor a total of 16 channels, but I am glad that they made that update.

So the Unification pager will scan now? 16 channels at one time? Is that correct?

JASII

Memory Capacity
...So the Unification pager will scan now? 16 channels at one time? Is that correct?

It will. I suppose it behooves me to try searching with it, but the inherent problem there is if you run across something you want to lock out, I don't think that is currently possibly.

I wasn't being sarcastic! Please understand that. It was my understanding that Unification pagers wouldn't scan. Is the scanning feature new(er)? Honestly it's been one of the reasons I haven't purchased one sooner. I was told they couldn't scan. Please forgive my ignorance. Definitely interested now! I can only pray for a nuisance delete feature soon!

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Granted, it will still only monitor a total of 16 channels, but I am glad that they made that update.

So the Unification pager will scan now? 16 channels at one time? Is that correct?

Are you monitoring a trunked system, or discrete channels?

Sent using Tapatalk

JASII

Memory Capacity
Update: I just read that encryption mute/ignore ONLY works in the trunking mode NOT the conventional scanning mode, so plan accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.