Is anyone else having problem w/ NH Med 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Bob, AMR New Haven units operate on a VHF Low-band simplex frequency, or are you talking about the Valley UHF frequency for AMR Bridgeport?

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
That's a negative Joe. Take a listen to 155.205
They are dispatching alot of AMR cars on it now. It is simplex but I can hear most of the cars direct from my location.
PL is 67.0
Not only Valley. I just heard a Milford Charlie car and one on a call in Hamden on the 155.205
The 47.5 is also simulcasting the dispatch, with some mobiles also on there.
Maybe you can figure it all out
Bob

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Bob, good to talk to you Thursday night on the simplex net! I haven't programmed in 155.205 yet but I will.

Joe, yes it was the chair car frequency for the New Haven area if I remembered correctly.

fdscan

On the subject of AMR... It always confused me how New Haven primary operations were on low band, New Haven chair car stuff was on VHF, and Valley, Bridgeport, and Hartford are all on UHF...

Notice how every time an AMR bus or fly car drives by, there's like 5 antennas on it!

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
On the subject of AMR... It always confused me how New Haven primary operations were on low band, New Haven chair car stuff was on VHF, and Valley, Bridgeport, and Hartford are all on UHF...

Notice how every time an AMR bus or fly car drives by, there's like 5 antennas on it!

It goes back to when AMR purchased New Haven Ambulance, Bridgeport Ambulance, New England Ambulance, ect. ect. ect. When they purchased those ambulance services, they kept all the separate radios and licensing instead of trying to create one radio system. It was just easier and cheaper at the time for them to operate that way since all the radios were in place for each area and they made NH HQ the primary dispatch through telco lines. Also too factor in the availability of what radio frequencies were for each area were AMR was purchasing ambulance services as well.

fdscan

It goes back to when AMR purchased New Haven Ambulance, Bridgeport Ambulance, New England Ambulance, ect. ect. ect. When they purchased those ambulance services, they kept all the separate radios and licensing instead of trying to create one radio system. It was just easier and cheaper at the time for them to operate that way since all the radios were in place for each area and they made NH HQ the primary dispatch through telco lines. Also too factor in the availability of what radio frequencies were for each area were AMR was purchasing ambulance services as well.

I see. Interesting... I didn't know that.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so it made sense back in the day, now it's been a few years. Why not organize everything and everyone on the same playing field? That low band frequency sucks at times!

Manny

fdscan

Yeah I agree. Their system is all over the place... If they kind of tried to maintain a single frequency band, whatever works for them (I'd assume VHF or UHF) I think they'd be a little better off.

Not to mention, they'd save a ton of money per ambulance/fly car on the radio cost.

a417

U+0000
North Central moved their MED 10 tower years ago and it kills all of south central.
That NC MED 10 tower is a MONSTER, about 4 years ago I hit it from I-84 by Newburgh, NY airport while transporting a new ambulance back. While I worked in the region, that was a tower you could always hit, when I precepted in NH, only then did i become aware of the overpowering nature of it.

cg

Premium Subscriber
NC Med 10 was on the UCONN Health Center roof tower for a while prior to being moved to WTIC's tower on Deercliff Rd in Avon. I believe they may have moved to WCCC tower on Rt 44 in West Hartford @ the Avon line but not positive.

chris

buddlawyer

nh med 10

home sick today turned on scanner and heard "radio repair" on med 10 then all the amr's doing radio checks and voila back in b usiness- now at 1823 nothing on broadcastify except chirping

Status
Not open for further replies.