Is anyone having a issue with VLC not streaming as of March 31st 2023 been working great with my 536 and Proscan

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
have proscan and using VLC to stream my 536 scanner but about 2pm est today VLC keeps giving me error message of can't play media or can't play multi media. I have been running this for over 2 years and no problems till today. Downloaded lastest VLC app and still no go.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
have proscan and using VLC to stream my 536 scanner but about 2pm est today VLC keeps giving me error message of can't play media or can't play multi media. I have been running this for over 2 years and no problems till today. Downloaded lastest VLC app and still no go.
See if the scanner IP address changed and power cycle the scanner.

{edit} Are you using both ProScan and VLC to connect to the same scanner at the same time? Only one app at a time can connect to the Ethernet audio.

Last edited:

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
See if the scanner IP address changed and power cycle the scanner.
The Proscan is working great and IP is same as its been and I have powered off the scanner 2 times but the VLC app I and my friends are using to hear my scanner as we travel has quit broadcasting my connection. It was all fine earlier before noon. I don't have a clue as to what the heck is going on. Thought maybe its because of the violent weather may have taken out the VLC servers or just what the heck is up.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The Proscan is working great and IP is same as its been and I have powered off the scanner 2 times but the VLC app I and my friends are using to hear my scanner as we travel has quit broadcasting my connection. It was all fine earlier before noon. I don't have a clue as to what the heck is going on. Thought maybe its because of the violent weather may have taken out the VLC servers or just what the heck is up.
No VLC servers involved.
Are you using the ProScan Web Server and VLC on the browser (client) side connected to the Web Server? If that's the case then perhaps the server is down due to a power outage or internet outage.

Last edited:

belvdr

No longer interested in living
There are no VLC servers, per se. You have the VLC client and whatever media you’re connecting to, such as the scanner.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok, I just don't know what is going on here, perhaps Saturday it will begin working on its on again.
I would trace the audio from the scanner to ProScan to the Web Server.

1. Scanner to ProScan
On the server side, go to the Audio Control - Web Server tab then click the URL Setup button. Verify that data is passing. If no go then that has to be troubleshot before continuing

2. ProScan
Verify the Web Server is running and TX bytes are incrementing.

3. Web Browser
a. Refresh the web page
b. Verify the page comes back up.
c. See if the internal audio player plays audio.

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
1 data is passing well 2=Proscan showing bytes tx 0 and bytes rx 0 Internal audio player has great audio

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
1 data is passing well 2=Proscan showing bytes tx 0 and bytes rx 0 Internal audio player has great audio

2=Proscan showing bytes tx 0 and bytes rx 0
That's not right. It sounds like the web browser side can't connect to the Web Server. Do you see the ProScan web page in the browser? Refresh the page 1st and use the same computer or mobile device.

Last edited:

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
There is no change....I will be back on tomorrow and maybe screen shot some pics or something, I got to get up in 3 hours to go to work....Thanks for everything tonight I appreciate it

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
ok so I used the canyouseeme.org site and put in my ip and port and it says it cannot see me because connection timed out. tried this on both laptop and phone. Same result I have turned off firewalls and virus and it either times out or refuses connections

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ok so I used the canyouseeme.org site and put in my ip and port and it says it cannot see me because connection timed out. tried this on both laptop and phone. Same result I have turned off firewalls and virus and it either times out or refuses connections

Go into the router Port Forwarding and make sure the computer IP address matches the computer IP address and the port # matches the server port. With the server started, try it again.

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
I get confused slightly here.... the 536 scanner has a IP of 192.168.1.3
the local IP shown in Proscan is 192.168.1.7 which is also the Acer laptop Proscan is running on
The outside Ip on Proscan is 68.187.199.150

What do I use in the router?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I get confused slightly here.... the 536 scanner has a IP of 192.168.1.3
the local IP shown in Proscan is 192.168.1.7 which is also the Acer laptop Proscan is running on

What do I use in the router?

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
Ok so I decided to download and try your Radio Feed application and see if that would tell me anything, the audio comes through fine on the loop in to laptop just like the full Proscan app but tells me the website is down or can't connect which is basically what the VLC app is saying as well when I try connect in a browser