Is Anyone Running OP25 (New Version) in South Jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

Is anyone running the new version of OP25 (Boatbod's fork) in the SJ area? I would like a favor. OP25 has a log function that writes to a file and would like to review those details.

thanks!

bucket772

Feed Provider
Hi All,

Is anyone running the new version of OP25 (Boatbod's fork) in the SJ area? I would like a favor. OP25 has a log function that writes to a file and would like to review those details.

thanks!
I'm running op25 on RPi. One SDR for Gloucester County and a second one for Camden. What do you need?

bucket772

Feed Provider
lets start with the gear you have first. I assume you will be using OP25? Do you want to monitor Camden and Gloucester at the same time? It can be done with you will miss a lot of traffic depending on how many talkgroups you want to monitor. I have 2 dongles and two instances of OP25 running. One for Gloucester and one for Camden. They both output to separate streams into icecast. It's fairly stable on a RPi 3b. Its setup to start automatically on reboot or power failure. Are you looking to monitor it remotely?

so I wanna do both but each on its own system. I wanna start with Gloucester county, I only have the RTL SDR right now, ivve see a bunch of was to do this but i really wanted someone to walk me though it

lets start with the gear you have first. I assume you will be using OP25? Do you want to monitor Camden and Gloucester at the same time? It can be done with you will miss a lot of traffic depending on how many talkgroups you want to monitor. I have 2 dongles and two instances of OP25 running. One for Gloucester and one for Camden. They both output to separate streams into icecast. It's fairly stable on a RPi 3b. Its setup to start automatically on reboot or power failure. Are you looking to monitor it remotely?
so I wanna do both but each on its own system. I wanna start with Gloucester county, I only have the RTL SDR right now, ivve see a bunch of was to do this but i really wanted someone to walk me though it And Burlington County too now that there on a 700 P25 system

bucket772

Feed Provider
Do you have op25 installed and working? What device will you be using? Three systems might be a stretch but others could answer that better then me. Also, without giving a specific address, where do you live? I'm less then 2 miles from a tower for Gloucester and just under 5 for a Camden tower. Range will play a role in reception.

Do you have op25 installed and working? What device will you be using? Three systems might be a stretch but others could answer that better then me. Also, without giving a specific address, where do you live? I'm less then 2 miles from a tower for Gloucester and just under 5 for a Camden tower. Range will play a role in reception.
where do I download it from? I have the RTL-SDR the sliver one and I'm only looking to do one system right now just gloucester and when I get another few SDR's I'm gonna make a few more systems and I'm in the Woodbury area so I'm close enough

You will need to find a windows version of software that will support TDMA Phase 2. The software I referenced is for Linux and is NOT available for Windows 10. But there are options.
I have an extra tough book I can toss linux on what version? and is there anyway we can message back and forth faster?

bucket772

Feed Provider
I have an extra tough book I can toss linux on what version? and is there anyway we can message back and forth faster?

My knowledge of Linux is limited on what the best version is. There is a wealth of knowledge available here. A good place to start you be here:

There are also some good tutorials here

I began with this page when I first started this project:

Once you have OP25 up and running, I can for sure help out with the settings that I used depending on what you want to listen to and how you want to listen to it, meaning as a desktop scanner or if you want to stream it to listen remotely.

I was able to put a Ubuntu to on my Toughbook and went through the tutorial in The forum i’m having issues with two files that I have to alter that you probably already have done for Gloucester its trunk.tsv and ommrc_talkgroups.tsv both of them are in the folder 0P25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps If you could copy those two files and email them to me I can just replace them in my directory and I’ll be all set

My knowledge of Linux is limited on what the best version is. There is a wealth of knowledge available here. A good place to start you be here:

There are also some good tutorials here

I began with this page when I first started this project:

Once you have OP25 up and running, I can for sure help out with the settings that I used depending on what you want to listen to and how you want to listen to it, meaning as a desktop scanner or if you want to stream it to listen remotely.
I was able to put a Ubuntu to on my Toughbook and went through the tutorial in The forum i’m having issues with two files that I have to alter that you probably already have done for Gloucester its trunk.tsv and ommrc_talkgroups.tsv both of them are in the folder 0P25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps If you could copy those two files and email them to me I can just replace them in my directory and I’ll be all set

bucket772

Feed Provider
Roger that. When I get home from work later tonight I'll dig them up. You will probably have to rename them. Then we can get the command line settings straightened out

bucket772

Feed Provider
Roger that. When I get home from work later tonight I'll dig them up. You will probably have to rename them. Then we can get the command line settings straightened out
I remoted in and believe that I got the right files. I'm also including the command line that I use. Obviously some of the settings like for your local network will have to be adjusted.

as for the trunk.tsv file, if you need to edit it and use something like libre office or something like that, remember to set the cell properties so its plain text. After I put in all the talkgroups that I wanted white and black listed, it changed the number to because it thought it was a math equation or something. There are other editors but I was familiar with that and was having enough issues getting it working the way I wanted it.

Attachments

• op25.zip
    837 bytes · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.