Is Bank of America Stadium really re-banded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrygilnc

Bank of America Stadium is listed in the database as re-banded. I haven’t listened to it in a very long time and decided to check it out today. I checked the database first, saw that it was listed as re-banded and made the change in my scanner. After picking up nothing for a while, I re-set it as a standard band-plan and started receiving things just fine. I almost submitted this as a correction to the data base, but this is the first system listed as re-banded that I’ve tried to monitor so I wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue.

WA4MJF

I thought, and could be wrong, that the term rebanded applied to cell phone companies paying for public safety agencies to move frequencies to avoid QRM. Do not think it applies to bank owned sports facilities.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Rebanding removed licensees from 866-869 and opened up 851-854 in addition to the existing 854-861 band. Also, public safety could leave the Expansion Band portion (860-861MHz) to prevent interference from the cellphone traffic.

If you looked at the frequencies and saw 866-868MHz freqs, it definitely would not yet have been rebanded. If you see 860.xxxx, it wouldn't indicate one way or another as it is up to the licensee if they want to stay there. However, if there were any 851-853.9875 frequencies, it definitely would have been done.

The reason your system is still working with the old band plan is because all the channels are .xxx5 channels. The Motorola channel numbers for the first 399 channels did not change. If the system had channels that ended in .xxx0, you would not be able to hear traffic on those channels.

As for why your scanner did not hear the system when you programmed it as a rebanded system, I would bet the band plan is programmed incorrectly. What you need for programming the correct band plan into scanners is on the rebanding WIKI page.
Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
Also, I believe businesses were not supposed to be in the 866-869 band so there were none to relocate from there. But there were business licensees in the 851-854 range and those were moved to 854-860 at Sprint/Nextel's expense.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.