Is Cazenovia on CNYICC APCO Project 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

relytgerg

Sometime in the last year Cazenovia, NY Fire and police calls disappeared from our old analog scanner. I've used this website to discover that Madison County and neighboring CNY counties are participating in CNYICC to better communicate between agencies. This requires a digital trunking scanner to pick up the broadcasts. Before I plunk down $400 or more on a scanner, I'm trying to determine if this is the system that Cazenovia Police, Fire, and EMS has switched to. I find plenty of references in the database to Madison County agencies, but anything I find for Cazenovia town/village still refers to old analog frequencies. How can I verify what system they are using before purchasing a scanner? Thanks. Greg

k2hz

Database Admin
Have a listen to one or more of the Madison County live audio I streams and see if you hear them.
New York Live Audio Feeds

Is there any feed presently available for Madison County law enforcement? The only feed that claims to be monitoring CNYICC says they only have the Fire & EMS Talk Groups.

All Madison County law enforcement should now be only on CNYICC unless specific towns still have some local "talk" or "tac" VHF frequencies for their own use.

relytgerg

Thank you Thunderknight and k2hz. I've been listening when I can. So far nothing from Cazenovia. However, even if I hear Cazenovia, does that guarantee that their on CNYICC? Can't just about anyone broadcast their scanner to that feed, even if it's not CNYICC as posted?

k2hz

Database Admin
Cazenovia Police and Fire were dispatched on the County frequencies in the past so they should be on the CNYICC Madison County Talk Group 7101 for Police and 7477 for Fire/EMS. I think Fire/EMS is also on 460.0625 conventional.

I used to be able to recieve the 159.240 law dispatch until it went off the air and I am too far away to hear CNYICC. There has only been very limited info about Madison County submitted to Radio Reference since they changed over to CNYICC. Those that were providing Madison law enforcement feeds in the past probably are not able to recieve CNYICC.

The many problems with the capability to monitor P25 multi-site trunking systems like CNYICC with presently available scanners is a challenge for the RadioReference community to be able to provide information or feeds for these systems. There is also a problem with obtaining reliable information to confirm if the former VHF conventional frequecies used by these agencies should be removed from the database or if they may be reactivated.

Night_Watchman

Premium Subscriber
Cazenovia Police and Fire were dispatched on the County frequencies in the past so they should be on the CNYICC Madison County Talk Group 7101 for Police and 7477 for Fire/EMS. I think Fire/EMS is also on 460.0625 conventional.
This is correct. Talkgroups 7101 and 7477 are also available (fulltime, apparently) on the Onondaga County sites as well. Also 460.0625 has a patch that allows you to hear the field units as well as the dispatcher.

ETA: Cazenovia PD units are 7xx series; Cazenovia Fire units are 13x(x).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.