Is CPS now encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayDoh

Hi,
I used to listen to my scanner a decade or so ago, and now recently became interested again. I've been a frequent and regular listener to the CPS feed on Broadcastify and it went offline on New Year's Eve of all times, I was getting ready for the show, lol.
Anyways, I'm putting on my flame retardant suit and asking if someone could let me know if the day has come? I know it's been 'in the mail' for awhile now, and I did read about EMS now being encrypted, but I can't find anything about CPS or CFD. And I did search, trust me.
My SDR is ironically on its way to my mail box, and I'm hoping I can at least get my local RCMP (Strathmore/Wheatland) for a bit before it goes into my museum of now obsolete electronics.
I'm sure me and my question are the pet peeves of some or most of you, but I'm asking for some patience please.
Is there any official roll out dates for AFRIRCS (that doesn't look right - Alberta first responders radio)? Or is it all just anyone's guess as to when and who will or will not go silent?
I have about 2 dozen more newbie questions but my suit will only protect me for 1200°C lol
TIA

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I used to listen to my scanner a decade or so ago, and now recently became interested again. I've been a frequent and regular listener to the CPS feed on Broadcastify and it went offline on New Year's Eve of all times, I was getting ready for the show, lol.
Anyways, I'm putting on my flame retardant suit and asking if someone could let me know if the day has come? I know it's been 'in the mail' for awhile now, and I did read about EMS now being encrypted, but I can't find anything about CPS or CFD. And I did search, trust me.
My SDR is ironically on its way to my mail box, and I'm hoping I can at least get my local RCMP (Strathmore/Wheatland) for a bit before it goes into my museum of now obsolete electronics.
I'm sure me and my question are the pet peeves of some or most of you, but I'm asking for some patience please.
Is there any official roll out dates for AFRIRCS (that doesn't look right - Alberta first responders radio)? Or is it all just anyone's guess as to when and who will or will not go silent?
I have about 2 dozen more newbie questions but my suit will only protect me for 1200°C lol
TIA

First of all, calm down. Nobody is going to flame you.

I am listening to CPS as I type this. They are not encrypted.

PlayDoh

Thanks Heterodyne. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.