Is Crittenden County getting new radios??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I heard the Crittenden Co. Search & Rescue call for a radio check on their "new 800 band" radios.....I didn't see what frequency they were on, I was across the room and couldn't make it to the scanner in time....altho I'm pretty sure it was 856.6625 - which is what Marion PD operates on.

I also have heard Marion PD asking for radio checks, and some units were having difficulty transmitting.

I hear ASP on 153.5300 quite a bit when they assist the Crittenden County SO......

I reckon my question is......Is Marion PD and/or Crittenden Co. SO getting new radios to be able to utilize the new AWIN system?

safetyobc

Yes, they have AWIN radios. At least Crittenden Co. does. I have heard them calling ADEM (Arkansas Dept. of Emergency Mgmt.) doing radio checks. They use the same frequencies as the troop they are in.

Not sure about Marion PD, but I am sure they have the capability as well.

bubbaearle said:
I heard the Crittenden Co. Search & Rescue call for a radio check on their "new 800 band" radios.....I didn't see what frequency they were on, I was across the room and couldn't make it to the scanner in time....altho I'm pretty sure it was 856.6625 - which is what Marion PD operates on.

I also have heard Marion PD asking for radio checks, and some units were having difficulty transmitting.

I hear ASP on 153.5300 quite a bit when they assist the Crittenden County SO......

I reckon my question is......Is Marion PD and/or Crittenden Co. SO getting new radios to be able to utilize the new AWIN system?

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Marion Channel??

I heard two Marion units talking on 856.6625, and one said to go to the "Marion City Channel".....anyone know what that may be?

I have heard that reference for the last few days and I can not seem to find it.

As for the AWIN stuff.....I GOTTA get me a 996!!!!!

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I think 852.0125 is dead

fireEmt5281 said:
Marion has had 800 capabilities for sometime. Marion City Channel is 852.01250 .
Crittenden County also has this capability.

I havent heard any traffic on that frequency in a long time.....I still have it programmed in my scanner. I found the 856.6625 frequency when I stopped hearing traffic on the other.

I also updated the RR database with the current freq. 852 is not even in the FCC database for Marion / Crittenden Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.