Is Extreme upgrade worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Is it worth purchasing the extreme upgrade for the HP2?
I listen to Los Angeles systems I have no idea if any of it is trunking but as far as I can tell it is all conventional p25 phase 1
And than I also listen to conventional analog sheriff in Ventura county

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Is it worth purchasing the extreme upgrade for the HP2?
I listen to Los Angeles systems I have no idea if any of it is trunking but as far as I can tell it is all conventional p25 phase 1
And than I also listen to conventional analog sheriff in Ventura county
-
For me, it was worth every penny, but you have to make that determination for your own needs. If the features listed here:

are useful to you, then yes... if you don't see any benefit from having those features, then no.

The extreme upgrade makes no changes or additions to what systems, or types of transmissions you can monitor.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it offers a bunch of very useful tools. The Trunking and Conventional Search modes, along with the Limit Search are a few that are well worth the price.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
I read somewhere you send scanner in but idk if that’s true because on the my uniden page you can purchase it using the scanner ESN and your credit card info

phask

Premium Subscriber
I have it on all 3 of my HP, but rarely use it anymore. I use to use the analyze, but now use the same on SDS100 or 200. The power plot or signal strength (whatever it's called) is useful for comparing or mounting antennas.

Status
Not open for further replies.