IS FAYETTEVILLE PD ENCRYPTING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k5xs

Premium Subscriber
I have been copying Fayetteville (Ark) PD reliably on my Uniden 250D for several weeks. Today (October 11th), however, I have been unable to copy Fayetteville PD. Instead, I hear what appears to be a control channel data stream on TG 49424.

Every once in a while, I will hear a unit come up and call headquarters. The dispatcher will respond with "Unit ##, you're on the wrong channel." At that point I hear a stream of data, suggesting they have activated an encrypted channel.

I am hearing the water department and Drake Field maintenance fine.

Does anyone know if something has changed?

Thanks.

Bernie Skoch
Arkansas

bill71

Premium Subscriber
Well I have egg on my face, in another post I was talking about public opinion kept Fayetteville from going digital/encrypted. Lets hope they don't go totally encrypted.
This morning when I heard F.P.D., they were talking to K-90. That tag sounds like their new 4A Dispatch channel.

Bill H.

k5xs

Premium Subscriber
Can an APCO 25 Scanner Decypher Them Now?

Thanks for the replies. Given that they went digital on Monday, will the APCO 25 scanners (e.g.-Uniden BC-296D) decypher the transmissions?

Thanks.

Bernie Skoch
Arkansas

bill71

Premium Subscriber
Yes-I have been listening to them today. I have a Pro-96, it seems to pick them up well. It does seem Fay. can encrypt when needed, a unit was transmitting when the dispatcher told him he was encrypted and she couldn't understand him, she told him to take it off encryption and try again.

tags heard:
Police A-49424
Police B-49456
Police C-49488
Police D-49552

I guess they did since I went to the database & seen it for myself,so that
does mean they're digital & encrypted.
Fayetteville PD did the exact same thing EMSA ambulance in Tulsa did:
went digital & encrypted.
Bureaucracy sucks,doesn't it?
They get the high dollar stuff at the cost of the little people like you & me
since they profligately use tax dollars to get stuff they hype the heck out
of since they say it is tested & ready to go.
As I'd stated before:
GIVE ME A BREAK!
:!:

k5xs

Premium Subscriber
Fayetteville Update

To update everyone, Fayetteville PD went back to non-digital last week, but then on Monday I heard radio technicians testing the APCO25 system.

As of this Tuesday, the PD is running full-time APCO25, other users on the trunked system are not. My new BC-296D is receiving them all well.

Also, on rare occasion, a PD unit will go encrypted.

k5xs

Premium Subscriber
Fayetteville Update

To update everyone, Fayetteville PD went back to non-digital last week, but then on Monday I heard radio technicians testing the APCO25 system.

As of this Tuesday, the PD is running full-time APCO25, other users on the trunked system are not. My new BC-296D is receiving them all well.

Also, on rare occasion, a PD unit will go encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.