Is Home Patrol Extreme Update Really Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfpdb

I use none of the Extreme features, I only want a straight forward Simple Scanner for monitoring a few freqs here in central ark. as i said i got in on the pre release price for the ext or i woulnt have it. For the way i use the HP it is really dissapointing. If i sold it can the extreme be transfered with it? It took 2 from scanner master to get one to work and the last one of them had to go to uniden for repair before it would keep working.. so to say the least i have never been happy with it. Happy New Year everyone.

t_shuffle

There are some very basic features, like the ability to manually enter frequencies using the front panel, that are only available to those who purchase the upgrade.

shelleys1

Ballwin, MO - We are moving to Austin, TX 1 Mar. 2
I use none of the Extreme features, I only want a straight forward Simple Scanner for monitoring a few freqs here in central ark. as i said i got in on the pre release price for the ext or i woulnt have it. For the way i use the HP it is really dissapointing. If i sold it can the extreme be transfered with it? It took 2 from scanner master to get one to work and the last one of them had to go to uniden for repair before it would keep working.. so to say the least i have never been happy with it. Happy New Year everyone.

Happy New Year to you as well!!

I'm sorry you've had problems with your HP-1. It's not common, at least not from my experience (and I'm far from new to this or the HP-1!). I have no doubt you could easily find a buyer for your HP-1 and recoup the money you've paid for it. You could also contact Uniden's customer service to find out how to transfer the serial numbers, etc. to a new owner if you do decide to sell it. I'm sure they'd be able to give you all the information you'd need. Hope this helps.

Shell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.