Is Homepatrol-2 audio improved over HP-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayb2468

I'm in Minnesota, ARMER system, P25 Motorola phase 1 system, no inkling of moving up to phase 2. I'm using a friend's HP-1 in my car, audio isn't as good as my BCD536hp that I own and use at home on same system. It is just not quality sound, garbled isn't the word but not smooth audio, kind of a digital effect going on. Would this be any better if I bought the HP-2? Or is it going to be the same audio? I'd be willing to pay more for better sound. Thanks in advance.

I use an external mag mount mobile antenna, trying an external speaker (non amplified). It isn't the volume, just quality. Crow Wing & Cass counties fwiw. Jay

I also use the HP-1 without batteries and have it power on and off with the ignition switch. Can I do the same with the HP-2? I know I may corrupt my sd card some day but haven't for the first month and sure beats constantly turning it on and off.

And last, is the screen the same as far as visibility? I haven't figured out how I want to mount it but peek at it occasionally and don't want to lose anything If I move up to the HP-2.

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I believe the only difference in the HP-1 and HP-2 is the Phase 2 capability, and P25 decoding may be better. The audio, screen, and power capabilities are identical. The BCD5367HP has a larger speaker.

jayb2468

I believe the only difference in the HP-1 and HP-2 is the Phase 2 capability, and P25 decoding may be better. The audio, screen, and power capabilities are identical. The BCD5367HP has a larger speaker.

Would "P25 decoding may be better" be making the audio sound better to me, less digital effect (not the right word)?

Status
Not open for further replies.