Is HomePatrol compatible with Trunk88?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
Or remote tunable with any other decoding software?

I have an acquaintance with one and I've invited him over to see Trunk88 with my 996XT showing all activity and what you can do with it but not sure if he can use it or not...

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Though I am sure if asked nicely enough and with a few willing "guinea pig" test subjects Andrew might consider adding HP-1 support to T88 :D

Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
TRUNK88 isn't a 'beginner level' program, so I doubt it'd support a 'beginner level' radio.

Actually you are off base.
Data output via the USB Port (which T88 would use) on the HomePatrol is only available
in the HomePatrol "Extreme Upgrade" option.
And the HomePatrol Extreme is designed for the advanced radio user so having T88
work with the HP-1 Extreme would be a perfect fit.
Also considering that HP Extreme has a T88 like interface on the screen as a feature having the CC output work with T88 (like it does with Unitrunker) would be perfect for
the advanced HP-1 user.
HP-1 Extreme is far from a "beginner level radio".
Again I say if the demand is there I am sure Andrew will work with the community to offer T88 support.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
And I would also disagree that T88 is not a "beginner level program".
I have helped many a novice radio hobbyist get T88 up and running on NC's
statewide system (VIPER).
This is a testament to how user friendly Andrew (SlicerWizard) has crafted the
program.
Sure you have to "RTFM" (or text files) :) but Trunk88 is very easy to use.
Marshall KE4ZNR

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
Compatible how? As a controlled voice receiver? No user has asked for that yet, so the answer is likely no.

Yup, exactly. From your other posts I gather it is controllable, that's the important part. Slicerwizard is the most responsive developer I've ever seen, but I'll leave it to HP-1 owners to request it. Thanks for the interesting replies!

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
When I say 'beginner level radio', I mean that it is clear from the get-go that Uniden never intended the HP to be marketed to the 'professional' scanner user. Just look at the name as a perfect example of that. It was intended to be used by someone who doesn't want to think about the radio, they just want to push a few buttons and have it work.

That said, I think Uniden realized they were missing out and made the Extreme upgrade available for users who wanted a little more.

T88 isn't a "beginner level" as in, you can't just plug it in and turn it on like you can with UniTrunker or Trunker. You need to fiddle with it some - but not much mind you.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Compatible how? As a controlled voice receiver? No user has asked for that yet, so the answer is likely no.

OK! I'll be the first. Andrew, would you consider expanding T88 for use with the output of the HP-1?

I dont have a lot of time at the moment, but I'll be happy to help as a guinea pig to test it. (and per the other posts here....I am a little more advanced than a newbie. I was a tester for most of the P25 fix releases for the 396 & 996 T for Paul).

I'll have to read your files, as I have never tried to use your program on my T or XT radios.

JK ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.