Is it an LTR --- Unitrunker with BCD396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhart213

My local community college's callsign is listed as a trunk system in the FCC database (about 20 frequencies allocated with 2 of them classified as FB8, around 450 MHz). I can hear periodically data burst approximately every 10 seconds on each of the FB8 frequencies (sounds like someone is constantly keying and unkeying the mic). So I am assuming this is an LTR Standard system??? However, the RR database shows only one frequency and states it as conventional.

I programmed all their frequencies into a blank LTR system of my BCD396xt. I then installed Unitrunker to see if it would decode the system. No luck???. Unitrunker seems to be working fine decoding the local Police/Fire Motorola system...but I can't get it to work on the community college system.

I am fairly new at this so I'm not so sure that this is even an LTR system --- or --- if I am doing something incorrect in Unitrunker??? Any guidance, advice, or suggestions would be appreciated.

...thanks, Brice

SCPD

QRT
You won't see much on an idle LTR system.

Unitrunker was designed to monitor trunking systems that use a dedicated control channel. Support for LTR was an afterthought.

One problem I've found is that the inline receivers that decode LTR don't seem to do a good job on idle bursts. They do okay while there's voice on the home channel. Since the bursts are ten seconds apart, it might be a while before you see anything.

Eric Carlson wrote an LTR logging utility that may be useful for you.

LTRLogger

SCPD

QRT
No, but SDRTrunk can do LTR and few others. Scroll down in this forum for details on SDRTrunk.

bhart213

Thank you very much. As I said, I am fairly new at this...and was beginning to question whether or not the system was even LTR. This confirms it...LTRLogger is working and is providing some LCN information (from the idle bursts).

...thanks, Brice

Status
Not open for further replies.