AR-DV1 Is it available in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Is the AR-DV1 still available for sale in the US? I can't find one anywhere. Though eBay has some, the prices are outrageous, and most of them originate from Japan. I see some dealers in the Netherlands and England list them as in stock.

swman

Last edited:

swman

AR-DV1 , AR5001D / AR5700D etc....sold via US dealers are all drop shipped from AOR USA directly to the customer. US dealers are not allowed to stock these. The AR-DV1 is not available period right now in the USA even ordering it from HRO. I'm guessing if you do it will sit on back order for a unknown amount of time ?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
The AOR AR-DV1 has not been available in the USA / North America since June-July of 2019 in either the unblocked or the "B" cell blocked consumer version. This raises many ???'s what is up here ? One has to wonder if it has been discontinued ?

(Note : Scanner Master quit selling ALL AOR products a number of years ago)

The AOR-DV1 is very unique and a significant departure from radios that the average scanner enthusiast are used to. It's like you have to forget what you know and learn how to use it from the beginning. Even though they do just about all digital modes known to man, they do not do trunking. Many buyers are disappointed and confused with the DV1. Then they want the dealers to support them and there's not enough hours in the day to attempt to offer support to end users. Then the AOR DV-10 hand held was introduced and it had some serious flaws that couldn't be resolved with firmware updates (not the case with the DV-1) and people were understandably upset and wanted to return them and get a refunds. I can't speak for the dealers but I think they got fed up with AOR's attitude and lack of interest as well as out right lies, excuses and coverups. They likely felt they're more trouble than their worth. The DV-1 however remains to be an excellent wide-band digital receiver.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
Is the AR-DV1 still available for sale in the US? I can't find one anywhere. Though eBay has some, the prices are outrageous, and most of them originate from Japan. I see some dealers in the Netherlands and England list them as in stock.

Ham Radio Outlet, place the order with HRO and they contact AOR and have one drop shipped to you.

swman

I would first call AOR USA at (310) 787-8615 for a availability date. You may be waiting for awhile ?
(hopefully they don't give you the Sgt Schultz answer..."We Know Nothing")

DeepBlue

Sounds like a good time to sell mine off. I have other receivers now that cover the range I bought it for. I love having it but haven't used it for more than monitoring my own signals on 222 and 1296 in the past year or so. Hmm... I wonder what the market would bear for one?

Sean

Whiskey3JMC

Keep your friends close & your radios closer
Premium Subscriber
I was fortunate to get mine gently used from a US seller on ebay for hundreds below MSRP :cool: All I had to do was update the firmware & program memory & search banks. Runs like a champ!

DeepBlue

I have decided that since I get to use mine so seldom, I shall put it up for sale this weekend on eBay. If anyone is interested in details please let me know. Time to spread the love and pass it on to someone that can use it for all it's got. I still have the protective plastic on the window. Updated to the latest and all that. If interested let me know.

Best of luck to all. It's a great little box.

Sean

DeepBlue

I listed my DV1 today on a popular auction site. If anyone is looking for one let me know by PM and I will point you to the link, or just search for AOR DV1 on that site.

S.

Status
Not open for further replies.