Is it digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

yddoow

I hope that this is in the right place , never had to ask a question before . I have been listening to
the Collingwood and Blue Mountain area since we had to plug in the crystals by hand , a lot has
changed in that amount of time . Recently I have noticed that Orillia Com that services this area
sounds like Donald Duck 90% of the time , is that digital ? .I have scanned and read the forums
in search of the answer with no success . Also I am not familiar with all the technical terms used
throughout these threads so go easy on me :) . thank you

mciupa

Database Admin
Well if it sounds like donald duck talking that would be scrambled audio and you can decode that very easy with a little piece of equipment you buy from the states msg me if you wanna know.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
There's nothing in the Blue Mountain/Collingwood area using speech inversion except FRS.

Not sure which scanner you're using but if it's an older P25 version, then you might need to adjust your speech thresholds.

yddoow

Thanks guys for the quick response , I will have to do some more reading and choose
which option is best at this time . Thanks again

There's nothing in the Blue Mountain/Collingwood area using speech inversion except FRS.

Not sure which scanner you're using but if it's an older P25 version, then you might need to adjust your speech thresholds.
ya I know but the way he's desribeing it as sounding like donald duck talking makes me think speech inversion

yddoow

Thanks again , Signal has been scrambled or something ? for two days , back to
normal now .When they key up they usually key three or four time before saying anything as if
they are trying to correct transmission . Could ice on tower disrupt signal in this manner ?. I am
not new at this but I am not up on all the technical advancements like you professionals :) .

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
No, ice on the towers would not disrupt signals in that way.

It would help us if you told us what type of scanner you're using and what frequency you're experiencing this on.

No known frequency in this area sounds like Donald Duck or has to be keyed up 3 or 4 times.

yddoow

Please don’t laugh at my Edsil’s (antiques) I have two Netset Pro-46 , one Netset Pro-49 and one Realistic PRO-57 , they all work and primarily perform the function that suits me. Whatever it is that occurs , effects all at the same time , only on the one freqency . As I mentioned in my earlier post all is good for now . thanks again .

pathalogical

I also have a Pro 46. Still good for conventional stuff, but you'll need a trunk tracking scanner for many of the newer systems. You can listen to the OPP and MNR (D) on a digital scanner on the Fleetnet Zone 1 system, but not all on there is digital. MTO and many EMS (A) is just analog and (E) is encrypted - forget about decoding that, nothing will. Also GO Transit is all digital too.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
It would help if you told us what frequency was causing you problems.

If you want to listen to the OPP in your area, stick in 413.5375Mhz. That's a conventional channel that repeats the digital talkgroup that the OPP in Collingwood and TOTBM uses.

yddoow

That is the frequency (413.537) that acts up ? normally in nasty weather , maybe they are
keying up in digital thus two or three key up’s trying to kick it back to analog , I really do not
know . Bat all is good for now .

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
No, it's an analog repeater tied to the digital system. There is nothing for the officer to do except key his mic and talk.

There's no flipping of analog or digital or anything like that. It's just a simple crossband from uhf analog to vhf digital.

You could also try 412.8875Mhz which is the same sort of system over at Wasaga Beach.

yddoow

I have the Wasaga Beech programed in not much on that this time of the year . Also Blue
Mountain fire and town fire , taxi cabs , just enough to be aggravating . I have been reading about
trunked system’s , lots to learn .

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
There's just as much as on the Collingwood BEAT repeater since Collingwood and Huronia West (Wasaga Beach) are always patched together.

From my place, I can either listen to 413.5375Mhz or 412.8875Mhz and hear the same activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.