Is it my location that makes these five dispatch channels intercept one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disp 1 - Crescenta Valley / Altadena
Disp 6 - Walnut / San Dimas / Diamond Bar
Disp 8 - Industry
Disp 13 - Norwalk / Pico Rivera
Disp 14 - Lakewood / Cerritos

I have been told before that sometimes it's due to the fact that a dispatcher will talk on more than one dispatch channel at the same time. that seems to be very true, and i know this because the quality sounds the same from one to another.

so when i hear something that sounds low in volume and/or lots of static on 4 of the 5 channels then this probably means it's my location or something as well with my outdoor antenna.

Is this correct?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 4136573865_87d2a7bea7_b.jpg
    4136573865_87d2a7bea7_b.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 237

cousinkix1953

The LAPD and LASO might have 15-20 dispatchers working, if they each handled only one dispatch channel. A foot pedal keys up several radios at once and you hear the same thing on more than one channel. Their antennas are in several locations and at various distances, which gives you different signal strengths.

This isn't so common in a smaller community; but even there, you might hear an APB being simulcasted on several police channels, the sheriff's repeater, CLEMARS and other frequencies. It beats having to repeat everything a half dozen times on several frequencies...

The LAPD and LASO might have 15-20 dispatchers working, if they each handled only one dispatch channel. A foot pedal keys up several radios at once and you hear the same thing on more than one channel. Their antennas are in several locations and at various distances, which gives you different signal strengths.

This isn't so common in a smaller community; but even there, you might hear an APB being simulcasted on several police channels, the sheriff's repeater, CLEMARS and other frequencies. It beats having to repeat everything a half dozen times on several frequencies...

Where can i find information on their antennas in my area. I know i have seen a site before that used google maps showing where they are and then you can click on each one and it tells you distance, etc... can't seem to find again though

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Go to Database Homepage

The Database Homepage has several search features to help you locate transmitters. The FCC has several search options at its website; go to: fcc.gov. Search wireless services. Good Luck !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.