Is it possible to hear Myrtle Beach FD on high band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to hear Myrtle Beach FD on High Band or do they just use the 800mhz band?. I would very much appreciate any help. Also is Myrtle Beach stations 61 through 64 or do they use another station number?

Thanks
John
N8ZHF
Assistant Chief
Boggs Run VFD, WV

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
154.400/167.9 PL is Horry Co. Fire/Rescue Dispatch
154.220/167.9 PL is Myrtle Beach FD Dispatch

You'll only hear the intial dispatch/tone-out on these frequencies. They shift to TAC channels on the trunked radio system for the remainder of their communications.

JChabalie

Do the online scanner apps scan the trunked systems or do they only scan the paging channels? Every time I listen to MBFR, it always seems very quiet.

Also, can anyone explain their unit numbering? I think if I understand it correctly, they are stations 61 through 66, but does the 3rd digit have a special meaning?

SM166

On line apps are left to the provider of the APP - they put on line whatever they want

Station Numbers 61- 66 MB ie 611 engine 621 engine = 1 & 2 & 3 = engine truck = 4 (614), 9 ops unit

North MB 71-75 711, 714 etc

County station 7 (engine 71 )sits between MB NMB

check the MB or Horry County web site for station locations

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
The online scanner feeds are provided by volunteers. It's up to the individual providing the feed to determine which channels and systems are carried on the feed they provide.

The feed that is named "Myrtle Beach Fire/Rescue" indicates in its description that it monitors the dispatch and TAC channels, which would imply it is monitoring the Horry County trunked radio system. Only the feed provider knows for sure. Send them a note and ask.

If you haven't seen this already, the Horry County Wiki page has some additional information that might be helpful:

Horry County (SC) Fire and Rescue - The RadioReference Wiki

JChabalie

Thank you. So I think I have an understanding of this now. The first 2 digits are for the station (61-66), then the third digit means:

xx1 - Engine
xx2 - Engine
xx3 - Engine
xx4 - Truck
xx6 - Heavy Rescue(?)
xx7 - Rescue (?)
xx8 - ?
xx9 - Special Ops Units

Is this numbering plan only used by Myrtle Beach or is it standard for all of Horry County?

SCPD

QRT
Correct. Myrtle Beach and I think North Mrytle Beach use the 3- digit numbering. Horry County uses 2- digit numbering.

Status
Not open for further replies.