Is it possible to listen to Ambulance NB anymore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rclegion

Hi all I have a Uniden BCD436HP and I have tried to program some of the Ambulance freq in the Miramichi Area on it but don't hear anything. Is it possible at all to listen to Ambulance anymore since they moved to the new system ?
Just wondering if possible or I am programing the scanner wrong?

Thanks for your reply in advance .

mciupa

Database Admin
Also, check that all the Service tags are enabled. I see besides EMS Dispatch that EMS TAC, EMS Talk and Hospital are used. If you haven't changed it since you bought it, only EMS Dispatch is enabled by default.

rclegion

Thanks for both of your reply. I have since have heard some ambulance calls but only dispatch. I am trying to figure out how to listen to hospital. I am afraid I don't know how to program this scanner very well , not like the old days of direct entry.
I am not sure what you mean mciupa. I will see if I can find where that is on the scanner as right now. I am not hearing return to hospital chatter .

mciupa

Database Admin
Try these instructions:

(BCD436HP) Press Func then the Zip/Services button.
Scroll to each Service Type and press E/yes to enable or disable.
Press System or Avoid to exit.

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
Are you scanning using the database or using a Favorite List (FL)? I noticed the Talkgroup for the Miramichi hospital is not in the radioreference database. You will have to copy the System in a Favorite List and scan using your FL. Once the System is in a Favorite List, you can either add the Talkgroup manually (50934) or change System scan from ID Scan to ID Search.

Manual: Easier to Read BCD436HP/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

rclegion

Thanks ve1sef I can confirm 50934 thanks to lacadien72 this is the return to hospital xmz-975 Miramichi regional hospital talkgroup , I have not tried the 50933 yet but will put it in and see if anything comes up .

Thanks everyone your all awesome got it working

mciupa

Database Admin
Consider submitting that talkgroup to RadioReference to be included into the database.

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
If the Miramichi FDs are like the Bathurst and Acadian Peninsula fire departments, they have all received their new NBTMR radios but they are still using the VHF system. Some FDs in the Bathurst\Ac-Pen areas uses both NBTMR radios and VHF radios... they use their NBTMR radios when they are out on calls but they talk with dispatchs using the VHF radio system. Make sure your MPSRN system is set to "ID Search" to be able to pick up communication on the FDs Talkgroups in your area. The Talkgrous for FDs under the Miramichi PSAP are between 53184 and 53206.

Status
Not open for further replies.