• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Is it possible to use TMS radio to radio instead of with a server system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
We talking DMR or P25? Didn't see any specifics.

Don't think P25 has any direct message functionality, as far as I've learned, everything has to go up through the RNI and out the PDG to a server for it to be effectively processed and routed to the target terminal.

However, I've done it with XPR7550s in DMR simplex and repeated duplex, so it does work with those in DMR.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to use TMS radio to radio instead of with a server system?

I'll make the dangerous assumption that your referring to P25 radios.

TMS on the ASTRO25 platform unit-to-unit on talkaround without P25 infrastructure is absolutely possible (infact the non-infrastructure method also seems to allow the TMS data to flow across a P25 conventional repeater as well, assuming that the packet data mode is "Repeated" vs "Direct").

For direct:

• On the radio wide options, "General" tab, ensure that "ARS User Login Enable" is checked, and a Soft ID/Username and PIN are set.
  • On the radio wide options, ensure the radio has unique IP address(s) set on the Data tab.
  • On the ASTRO system "Data" tab, set "Packet Data Mode" to "Direct".
  • On the ASTRO system "ARS" tab, ensure the checkbox enabling ARS is checked, and set the "ARS Mode" to "Non-Server".

This /should/ make TMS work direct over talkaround.

beaker7

TMS on the ASTRO25 platform unit-to-unit on talkaround without P25 infrastructure is absolutely possible (infact the non-infrastructure method also seems to allow the TMS data to flow across a P25 conventional repeater as well, assuming that the packet data mode is "Repeated" vs "Direct").

For direct:

• On the radio wide options, "General" tab, ensure that "ARS User Login Enable" is checked, and a Soft ID/Username and PIN are set.
  • On the radio wide options, ensure the radio has unique IP address(s) set on the Data tab.
  • On the ASTRO system "ARS" tab, ensure the checkbox enabling ARS is checked, and set the "ARS Mode" to "Non-Server".

Ok so if I do this I could send text messages to other radios like XTS3000 radios and newer?

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Ok so if I do this I could send text messages to other radios like XTS3000 radios and newer?

XTS3000 and ASTRO Saber do not have nor support text messages.

This will work for ASTRO25 radios (i.e. XTS2500, XTS5000) and newer.

riveter

Premium Subscriber

For direct:

Hey, I didn't know that. Writing that one down- thank you very much, I learned something today.

beaker7

XTS3000 and ASTRO Saber do not have nor support text messages.

This will work for ASTRO25 radios (i.e. XTS2500, XTS5000) and newer.

Ok, very nice I will look at getting another XTS 5000 to test this out. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.