Is it worth getting ARC8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbecker1963

Premium Subscriber
Hey gang,

Just bought a BCT8 and also picked up a serial cable for it. I'm really not sure if I should buy the software. It's like....I need somebody to convince me that it's all worth it. Here's the deal;

I can program just about anything as long as I have some reference. I've always programmed my scanners the hard way or the old way. The only possible benefit that I can see is the software can use alpha tags. Now, here's a question:

If the software can use alpha tags and as we all know, the BCT8 is not alpha...then would the alpha tags come up on the computer screen control view?

I suppose the other and most important feature would be the ability to save all of my programming.

Okay...

You convinced me.

Why am I talking to myself?

Ray

LSEMT219

I have this software for my BCT8. It makes everything a lot easier. You can download freqs right from RR and put them in in just a few minutes. You are correct, the alpha tags only show up in the virtual control on the computer. It made it nice when I was on the computer and my scanner on the other side of the room. I have a 25 foot cable for programming. I'd get it. Makes everything much easier. Been using it for 3 years now.

kajun

Premium Subscriber
Ray

Yes you can and load & reload the saved files in half a jiffy. You can also copy & paste freq's
from note pad/word pad then save to use as you wish. ARC8 is worth every penny. (my opinion).
In fact all ARC programs i've used are worth their weight in gold (my opinion again lol).

I suppose the other and most important feature would be the ability to save all of my programming.
Ray

XTS3000

Doesn't ARC have demo's for most of their software? If so, I would highly recommend trying before buying, as some like ARC while others think it's utter garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.