is it worth it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-ball

To program the conventional police frequencies listed under montgomery county, pa conventional. The majority of those departments are dispatched from the county radio room, and a few like plymouth whitmrsh(digital) are self dispatched...same with abington....but are those channels even active, i dont even think they are used as secondary channels anymore, why did they exist in the first place?...usually when a dept. wants to talk within the dept to a fellow officer, they will use a "dispatch" channel which allows them to communicate with eachother therefore bypassing the county channel.....should these channels be deleted off this site's database?...so do i program them in hopes to catch some action? that is the question.

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
i use to be a dispatcher for lower providence back in 97 when county was brought into 800mhz radio system they had 2 channels one with county and the other channel was car-car portable-portable or one of them to station i know a friend that works in county disp. from what i heard from him is they are still testing channels so that means there not done yet and plymouth is still dispached on uhf lo hope that helps at all

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
i think that county wasted alot of money on the new system they were doing pretty good with the old system and it wasn't worth it there still having problems

scanjunkie

Q-Ball...It all depends on the area. For example, Lansdale uses their VHF High channel more than the county channels...but other municipalities never use their local freqs. Personally, other than Lansdale, Plymouth, and Montgomery, I don't program any local freqs. I used to have them programmed in but it was mostly just meaningless chit-chat that you would hear.

Q-ball

By meaningless, what do u mean?...and we are talking about the same thing right? those channels listed for departments, even though, those departments are dispatched by county....

i do understand some depts. have their own disptach operator, like LP, and plymouth, and i believe horshma, lansdale and i know abington does...shouldnt we take those channels off this site if it is agreed upon that they are obselete?

Heck, i wouldnt want to be a dispatcher tonight, especially In lower prov., they are swaped, or were between 730pm and 9pm.....as the storm roared thru, and pooor east norriton.they couldnt clear their calls fast enuff before county stacked more and more...but now, 10pm...things have quited down as peco tries to handle all the leftovers..

Last edited:

ctrabs74

Q-Ball...It all depends on the area. For example, Lansdale uses their VHF High channel more than the county channels...but other municipalities never use their local freqs. Personally, other than Lansdale, Plymouth, and Montgomery, I don't program any local freqs. I used to have them programmed in but it was mostly just meaningless chit-chat that you would hear.

Chester County is pretty much the same way. The only conventional local freqs that I have programmed in are Downingtown, Uwchlan, West Goshen, and, of course, West Chester. Uwchlan uses their high-band regularly, except for one particular platoon that uses the county TRS exclusively. Downingtown uses their high-band almost constantly. West Goshen uses theirs during the day when they self-dispatch and sporadically when county dispatches them on nights and weekends. West Chester isn't even on the county system (thankfully).

I would suspect that most of the conventional channels in MontCo were turned over to other muni agencies (ie. Public Works/Road Crew). I'd suspect that when bad weather hits, those might make for some interesting listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.