Is Jonesboro PD Encrypted or Just DMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonj95835

Banned
Banned
Hello I'm in Jonesboro, Ar. and I'm looking in to getting a SDS100. I wanted to know before I got it If JPD is Encrypted all together or If I just would need to do the DMR upgrade? Thanks for the Help I'm new to Arkansas and have not bought a scanner in years.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
In addition to their TRBO system it appears they have unencrypted talkgroups on the AWIN P25 system: Arkansas Wireless Information Network (AWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies.

Since their TRBO system was added in 2011 and since hasn't shown any talkgroups added I would say it's probably not in use and they are actually over on the AWIN system, however I could be wrong: Jonesboro Public Safety (MOTOTRBO) Trunking System, Jonesboro, Arkansas - Scanner Frequencies

jonj95835

Banned
Banned
In addition to their TRBO system it appears they have unencrypted talkgroups on the AWIN P25 system: Arkansas Wireless Information Network (AWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies.

Since their TRBO system was added in 2011 and since hasn't shown any talkgroups added I would say it's probably not in use and they are actually over on the AWIN system, however I could be wrong: Jonesboro Public Safety (MOTOTRBO) Trunking System, Jonesboro, Arkansas - Scanner Frequencies

Thanks

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
JFD is also AWIN, dispatched via Craighead County. Pretty much that entire County is fully AWIN. It was part of the original 3 county test system.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
What's up with their DMR system?
Is it dead?
Is anyone here actively monitoring it?
Sure seems wasteful to pay for a system and not use it......

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
^ Would be curious to know if it was ever even legit or simply licensed as a "we may" type thing.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Thunderbolt set it up years ago. Never been a sub for it . Someone in the area with at least 4 to 6 hours during a day to dedicate to just that system is what's needed to verify it is even online .

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Got some kinfolk that live in Jonesboro, I oughtta set up a radio to monitor @ their house for a week....

Status
Not open for further replies.