Is MIRS down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketNJ

He is just scanning the indifidual channels. The Icom does not have the ability to Trunk Track a Motorola 4.1 system.

So, if Mun PD 5 has a call and is assigned channel 7 he hears it but if the next part of the conversation is on channel 8 he may not. Not exactly how I would want to scan a trunked system.

For his hamming it is fine but for monitoring a 4.1 system, there is better, including using a trunk tracker scanner

2500HDuramax

Yeah that I am not sure of, the county uses motorola equipment and software so i have no clue as to what it entails to program with that.

2500HDuramax

He is just scanning the indifidual channels. The Icom does not have the ability to Trunk Track a Motorola 4.1 system.

So, if Mun PD 5 has a call and is assigned channel 7 he hears it but if the next part of the conversation is on channel 8 he may not. Not exactly how I would want to scan a trunked system.

For his hamming it is fine but for monitoring a 4.1 system, there is better, including using a trunk tracker scanner

i agree, its not the most efficient way to hear what is going on when there is a lot going on. but, i paid less for this radio new than a apco enabled scanner costs :D, i didnt even know if i would be able to hear mirs as it is outside the specified band range so its just a little side benefit. the downside is it is not frequency agile like amateur specific radios, which is a pain sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.