Is my Uniden 996XT BROKEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvega305

Occasionally when turning the volume knob up, the scanner skips from volume setting 10 to 12. It does not display the volume 11. The only time I can get to volume 11 is when I step down from 12. Has anyone seen this. It seems to only happen around that setting.

bpsmicro

Yes, I get that all the time, especially from the remote head. Keep in mind that the volume control isn't a "hardware control" like the old days, but more of a "drive-by-wire". Each 'click' asks the software control to increment/decrement the volume by a notch. Because the processor is also busy doing a lot of other stuff, it may sometimes miss a command, or get a backlog of a click or two and then blarf them out all at once.
I find my 996XT is more prone to this than my 996T, but since I don't routinely mess with the volume, it doesn't bother me much.

Brad.

mvega305

Yes, I get that all the time, especially from the remote head. Keep in mind that the volume control isn't a "hardware control" like the old days, but more of a "drive-by-wire". Each 'click' asks the software control to increment/decrement the volume by a notch. Because the processor is also busy doing a lot of other stuff, it may sometimes miss a command, or get a backlog of a click or two and then blarf them out all at once.
I find my 996XT is more prone to this than my 996T, but since I don't routinely mess with the volume, it doesn't bother me much.

Brad.

Thank you BPSMICRO, I am glad that it is not only mine. I thought mine was broken. In reality it should not be doing this, but I guess nothing electronic is perfect. I wonder if this is wide spread or just related to a certain production batch.

By the way, on your unit does it only happen at a certain volume knob setting or does it happen randomly on different volume settings. Also it would be nice to see if the RR Uniden Product Manager - UPman can chime in to see if a software release could fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.