Is my Uv5-r compatible with my local frequencies listed in rr data base?

WiskyTango

Premium Subscriber

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
So thats interesting , the funny thing is I can listen to the sheriff dispatch calls on my phone through an app.

Yes, I see they (the department) are providing a feed of it (likely on a delay). Since it's encrypted, no scanner can monitor it nor any radio can monitor it without the E key. It says on the feed page it's their digital frequency.

WiskyTango

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I see they (the department) are providing a feed of it (likely on a delay). Since it's encrypted, no scanner can monitor it nor any radio can monitor it without the E key. It says on the feed page it's their digital frequency.
Ahh ok that would make perfect sense in that case !

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Most hospitals are now using AWIN TraumaComm TG. They all also have tge State ER HEAR of 155.3400, I would prog as CSQ in your radio for RX, and in RX only.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
They all also have tge State ER HEAR of 155.3400, I would prog as CSQ in your radio for RX, and in RX only.

He stated in post 18 that is one he's been monitoring.

I know locally they still use it for ambulance to ER info. The AWIN talkgroups are typically just for reports to traumacomm that meet the criteria, as I understand it.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber

I know locally they still use it for ambulance to ER info. The AWIN talkgroups are typically just for reports to traumacomm that meet the criteria, as I understand it.
AHH. okay I thought they were going to try to move all state ems units onto AWIN like pretty much every state is doing. I know Clark County is one of the oddball not going to it at all and using their dmr exclusively.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber

AHH. okay I thought they were going to try to move all state ems units onto AWIN like pretty much every state is doing on the statewide systems. I know Clark County is one of the oddball not going to it at all and using their dmr exclusively.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
AHH. okay I thought they were going to try to move all state ems units onto AWIN like pretty much every state is doing on the statewide systems. I know Clark County is one of the oddball not going to it at all and using their dmr exclusively.

Well, I never say never (ha) but at this point, in my experience, 155.340 is still very active for EMS to Hospital reports.

The local EMS service here uses DMR for their company comms (dispatching, responding, coordinating, etc.).

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yes, until recently, it was in Garland too. But now that the local EMS is on AWIN, they use it for ER reports a lot more for simplicity.

paulears

My prophecy is that what he is typing in is simply too far away. Like the guy who bought a marine radio from me and complained he couldnt hear the coastguard. He lived in wales in a valley, 60 miles from the nearest water! He left me a rubbish review too, slagging off the product as rubbish!