Is New Mexico State Fire Now Trunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorwinScansNM

I have a New Mexico State Fire Frequency Information Question?

Is the New Mexico State Fire Frequency 154.3100 now Trunked or Encrypted? I am asking as for I Monitor & pick up PHI Air Helicopters on 464.7750 on my Digital Uniden Scanner. In the last year I have been hearing them tell PHI Air many times over the Radio after Patient Reports that their Ground Contact Frequency Information is a Random 4-Digit Number such as 2631 on State Fire (for example).

Therefore, I'm wondering if I am missing something here that I do not currently know about New Mexico State Fire Frequency such as if it's now mostly Trunked or even possibly Encrypted or if there are new unlisted or unknown Frequencies for New Mexico State Fire that I am unaware of? If it is Trunked, than what is the Trunking System Type that they are now using & are these Random Always Changed 4-Digit Numbers that they give to PHI Air Helicopters TGID's or Unit ID's for Ground Contact on New Mexico State Fire?

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Currently state fire uses vhf where applicable, patched if need be on the 700 areas where 700 is used. It can be clear or encrypted on vhf and 700.

State fire Marshall also has a couple talk groups now on 700 which one is strapped and other selectable in areas with built out 700. They also use a state fire Marshall vhf which is listed here. A lot times state fire Marshalls will utilize local vhf, 7/800 or uhf in places on local systems and also utilize the state law end duplex on vhf as dispatch or the 700 depending on what it is.

The vhf end unless a mobile repeater site is used which normally is never is simplex.

The 700 end is repeated talk groups. I know encryption is something without doubt to come fully on the 700 law end for state and they don't plan to share keys or access to locals.

Common you'll hear locals and others use state fire for ground contact with any med evac. Number usually are unit to x etc or to the helicopter along with any other information.

State SAR is also one some can expect to hear encryption on or digital. It isn't official yet but some are using it secure and or in digital with respective licensing under x agency.

As for 2631 that is the unit number calling the med evac. With that ID I can say exactly where you heard as every ID is registered in NFIRS For new mexico.

Most can expect to hear clear analog for most part indefinitely.

Last edited:

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
The VHF State Fire frequency is not trunked or encrypted. Like William2910 stated, the number you are hearing is the ground contact that is coordinating the landing zone for the helicopter.

Try recording the audio on your 536 and then post it hear.

CorwinScansNM

With that ID I can say exactly where you heard as every ID is registered in NFIRS For new mexico.

OK, how about (Ground Contact 3264) on New Mexico State Fire? I just clearly heard this one Today on PHI Air Albuquerque 464.77500 & wrote it down but was unable to make it to my Uniden Scanner in time to record it for a Audio File Upload to RadioReference.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
OK, how about (Ground Contact 3264) on New Mexico State Fire? I just clearly heard this one Today on PHI Air Albuquerque 464.77500 & wrote it down but was unable to make it to my Uniden Scanner in time to record it for a Audio File Upload to RadioReference.

Literally the same question you asked, and the same answer william already gave you.

3264 is a unit number... and why does that number sound so familiar to me

Status
Not open for further replies.