Is RR Premium worth it for my BCD436HP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am trying to determine if the premium subscription will give any added value for programming and operating my BCD436HP.
If you're using the Sentinel software to program your BCD436HP, you already have access to the Radio Reference database programming data without having to purchase the Premium Subscription from Radio Reference. As mentioned above, if you're using third party software, you will need the Premium Subscription to access the database programming through that software.

Always good to have the Premium Subscription for it's other benefits no matter which software you use, it's a great value even if you don't use the database programming .

Check this link and scroll down to the "subscription details" to see the other benefits. If you just want to try it out, get the 90 day subscription for just $7.50:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I would certainly not discourage anyone from purchasing a RR premium sub, however I would point out that ProScan's Favorites Editor now has the ability to use Sentinel's full database files for programming the x36HP and SDS series. So strictly speaking, you do not need a premium sub to import that data into ProScan.

Of course you don't have access to real-time data using that method, you're at the mercy of the once-a-week Sentinel updates. Another factor that makes the premium sub worth is it because Sentinel ignores trunked systems that don't have any talkgroups listed, whereas you could import those directly using third party software and the premium sub.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I don't reprogram my radio very often so I typically have to renew my membership every time. But it's worth $15 to me just to use it once. Definitely not worth my time to manually enter all that stuff in. If you're scanning a bunch of stuff I recommend it. If you're not it's probably not worth it just to import a half dozen frequencies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
One great thing about a premium subscription, is you can run custom searches. If you use search mode or close call in your scanner to find New/unidentified frequencies in your area, you can check any frequencies you may find against the RR database and compare the information. I use the search feature all the time.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
There are a few benefits such as (mentioned above) custom searches, freq searches, etc. I keep a search window for frequency entities for when I am doing searches. Comes in very handy.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Depends on how you like pushing many small buttons for each entry compared to having a few keyboard button pushes to program a whole system in far less time and with less chance for errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.